• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pickled eggs!

I got my wife to help me peel 3 dozen eggs so I could make these tonight. I'm going to have to check out if Sam's Club has those already boiled and peeled eggs, I hate peeling them!

Very easy recipe, thanks Icehole! I'll let you know how they taste in a couple weeks.

pickled eggs.jpg

Edited by Big Dave2

Hate to potentially prolong the the ridiculously long Egg Boiling thread, Big Dave--but check it out!  Very easy cooking/peeling method explained there. Will save you a ton of time! Start at page 1 and if you really like eggs and have nothing going on for the next couple of weeks, keep reading! :lol:

3 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

I got my wife to help me peel 3 dozen eggs so I could make these tonight. I'm going to have to check out if Sam's Club has those already boiled and peeled eggs, I hate peeling them!

Very easy recipe, thanks Icehole! I'll let you know how they taste in a couple weeks.

pickled eggs.jpg

Did you poke them first??? ;):D

On 1/23/2016 at 11:52 PM, lovebigbluegills said:

Did you poke them first??? ;):D

Nope

On 1/23/2016 at 7:46 AM, bobberineyes said:

Atta boy big d, we have one those cheap egg cookers and shells peel rather easy.  Did coburns have the hot mix?

Coborn's did not have the hot mix. I think my wife picked it up at Lunds in Prior Lake.

On 1/20/2016 at 10:54 AM, icehole10 said:

I had to buy the last three pickled gizzards at Wahoo Valley north of Staples for mine. It was a win/win situation in my mind!! My wife was not nearly as thrilled as I was!!

I didn't see any pickled eggs on red this weekend??!:cry::D

11 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

I hope this batch will taste OK by next weekend. My son and I are heading up to a friend's cabin near Outing and I'm going to bring a jar. I usually like to let my pickled eggs sit for 2 weeks.

The longer, the better, but they should still be ready to go by the weekend!

On 1/23/2016 at 9:08 PM, ThunderLund78 said:

Hate to potentially prolong the the ridiculously long Egg Boiling thread, Big Dave--but check it out!  Very easy cooking/peeling method explained there. Will save you a ton of time! Start at page 1 and if you really like eggs and have nothing going on for the next couple of weeks, keep reading! :lol:

You think I haven't already read that thread? :)

Those eggs were pretty good. 3 weeks seems to be the sweet spot. 2 weeks was not enough but at 4 weeks it didn't taste much different than 3 weeks. I think I may put some sausage in with them next time and really make a meal out of it.:D

Saturday afternoon my wife and I made "spicy pickled eggs" with habanero,jalapeño,red bell peppers,onions,and garlic are the main ingredients.  anyone wants the rest of the ingredients just ask..or wait till i try them first!

This is my/our first go with any pickled eggs so hopefully it turns out good!!

How long does everyone let them sit for?  i have read 1 week to 3 weeks??

Thanks guys

I guess I usually give them a couple weeks, then try one. If it's good, game on!! If it could use a bit more time, I'll try another one in a week or so. Just gotta play it by ear a bit-- seems like a lot depends upon the recipe.

On 1/22/2016 at 7:22 AM, delcecchi said:

http://www.amazon.com/Pakkon-Kombucha-Fermenting-Pickling-Dishwasher/dp/B012BAWVU8/ref=sr_1_5?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1453468840&sr=1-5&keywords=gallon+glass+jar

Gallon glass jar with a plastic lid. 

ten bucks at amazon.  prime eligible. 

A bunch of other choices up to 2.5 gallons as well.  Or perhaps a home brewing store. 

I was at Sam's Club the other day and they had glass jars with metal lids for 4-5 bucks, you just gotta eat the pickles out of them first.

3 hours ago, lovebigbluegills said:

If I get back there, I'll check and see what it was.

Looked onliine and indeed gallon pickles are like 5 bucks, several varieties.   Such a deal, I wanted to buy some even though I don't eat many pickles...

10 minutes ago, delcecchi said:

Looked onliine and indeed gallon pickles are like 5 bucks, several varieties.   Such a deal, I wanted to buy some even though I don't eat many pickles...

That's because you don't like cucumbers, silly!