• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2015 Pheasant/Grouse season photo's

I went to NE Montana recently and had a great time.  This was my second year visiting this area and I must say...I'll never go to South Dakota again.  The amount of public land is astronomical and the bird numbers are fantastic!

18041_375392115510_7517193_n.thumb.jpg.7

My dogs first bird at 8 months.  Yea he's a mutt.

DSCN0565.thumb.JPG.e34ca425527d85d23952d

My dog at 9 after three hard days of hunting in NE Montana.  I thought he'd be slowing down by now but he hasn't!

DSCN0562.thumb.JPG.0c113bbea20a9695fbafb

Here's some of the results from the trip.  I've been to South Dakota numerous times and I hunted Iowa during the days when Iowa harvested a million birds.  NE Montana is by far the best do it yourself public land pheasant hunting you can find in the country.  Only if it was a little closer... :D

On 12/31/2015 at 6:41 AM, smalliehunter said:

Ended my trip yesterday with 11.  Shot number 12 but couldn't find him in the cattails.  I'm already excited for next year!

IMG_20151230_130354981_HDR~3.jpg

do you not clean your birds everyday? I imagine some of those get pretty tough to clean after a few days?

I did the first time out in November.  This last trip it was my goal to get a picture with my dog and a tailgate full of roosters.  It was cold in SD that week so they were pretty much froze solid by the time I got back to the truck anyway. I Let them thaw over night in the house when I got back and cleaned all that next morning with no problems...