• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Have any of you ever mounted an ATV style gun mount to your kayak??? Is so can you share a picture or two???

I am considering some sort of mount to finish off my attack yak just to keep the gun solid and not sloshing around in the bottom of the kayak. 

Picture heavy, but here it comes...

12' Old Town Vapor  I took the seat out and out put in a turkey seat so that it's more comfortable. image.thumb.jpeg.5ade10c63f4e615a1fa34e2

Bent and welded up a frame for the blind  

image.thumb.jpeg.77ca511f0ed8698fecd48ce

covered it in burlap.

image.thumb.jpeg.75901dc2d45e088c427ca75

and added in the Rafia grass.image.thumb.jpeg.f91216a5cf46a3c9845ade4image.thumb.jpeg.0f114d7aed95e87ba73287e

that part is removable for transportation or fishing needs.

image.thumb.jpeg.6e955cafb20eb51df4c7a65image.thumb.jpeg.8bdda5748e099ac40ba18d7image.thumb.jpeg.0403216884d2455ddd99886image.thumb.jpeg.7f4fea2b63e3fa7c94510d0

added a few dozen eye screws for tie points and attached Rafia with zip ties. The kid and the goose are there for perspective although I do use the goose from time to time. It's a muskrat mound  and hides itself. I picked up a cheap ghilli suit that blends as well. As long as you don't go directly at the birds in a high rate of speed you can paddle right past them and they will hold tight. 

The blind folds down in the front for easy travel and to shoot. 

Edited by Neighbor_guy

Wow! That is very impressive man. I can imagine that blends right in with the swamps and sloughs you hunt in. That's pretty cool to know you can paddle right past birds without spooking them! I think that tells you that you did a darn good job on the "attack yak" :)

With this kayak I can get 24-26 decoys crammed inside with me if I'm creative with how I load it and stuff them forward with my feet. Its one of the benefits to having a Sit-In kayak. However, my 2nd kayak is not crowned as high so I don't have the foot room inside to get all those decoys inside with me, so that one i can only get 10-12 decoys inside. I will also employ an otter sled that I can fill with decoys and tow behind if a larger spread is needed.

A close friend of mine uses a Sit-On type kayak and he keeps his decoys in the bags and straps them on until he gets where he is going and unbags them to deploy.