• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
reinhard1

Kalbi Style Beef Ribs

Hands down my favorite ribs.  So what are they?  These are ribs cut from the beef plate, where you normally get short ribs cut from.  Only these ribs are cut "flanken style" or across the bones on the thin side.  Usually 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.  These are marinated in a Korean Kalbi marinade  [you can see it on my page on the Recipe page, www.sausageheavenoutdoors.com.].  There is a problem in getting them cut that way.  Sam's Club has them and the Cub store here in the Andover area off Round Lake blvd. will cut them for you.  Actually anyplace that sells bone-in short ribs should be able to cut some for you.  That is of course if the butchers there know what they are.  Ask for "flanken style" beef ribs cut 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.  They don't take long to grill at all.  Once they are on the grill you pretty much have to have a beer in one hand and tongs in the other to flip the strips of beef ribs.  Only takes 5 minutes over direct heat if that.  The flavor is amazing!!!!  I usually have this with rice and kimchi, in this case fresh cucumber kimchi.  Here are some pics:

img_0557.jpg

img_0562.jpg

img_0572.jpg

img_0574.jpg

img_0577.jpg

Those look great. Googled cuc kimchi and really like the idea. Waaaay less time involved, can't imagine it wouldn't taste  good, and something else to do with them. Do you add radish or carrots? 

Look at my page  on the post above  and I show how to make it [In the Recipe page].  The kind I make  [I call it quick cucumber kimchi], you can eat the same day. I have made it with daikon radish sliced thin.  The cucumber absorbs the juices quicker than the radish.  I have made this recipe with just daikon radish's and just let it set for a day before eating.  good luck.

Mouth watering! and all I have planned for supper is take out pizza :(

My quarter comes in Oct and will wait on the shorts, but did make this.... and like it better than the cabbage version.....thanks for the idea. Awesome stuff!!

20150720_130218.jpg

That looks tasty.  I've got some growing also!!  Made some cuke kimchi yesterday myself with regular cucumbers since I didn't find any shorts for sale.  I'm going to check out some farmers markets Thursday to see if they have some.  Put the cuke kimchi on top of the rice next to the spareribs.  good luck.

IMG_2080.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg