• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Competitor 175 Sport height?

snoozebutton

The height of my garage door is 7' and from what I can see, with the full windshield, from the floor to the top of the windshield is close to 83". I was worried about the width so I'm changing the 9 foot door to a 10 footer but never thought about the height. Garage has an 8 foot ceiling and you need a foot to open the door so going with an 8 foot high door isn't an option.

I don't have the exact same boat, but I have a Tournament Sport with a full windshield and it clears with lots of room to spare. The outboard does NOT clear however if I leave the transom saver on. Learned that the first time I tried backing it in. :-)

Is yours on a roller or bunk trailer?

We don't have the boat yet, we're going to the boat show in Minneapolis in January and then we'll be ordering it shortly after that. Right now I'm leaning towards a roller trailer, that's what I have now and I really like it.

I have a shoreland'r roller trailer and really like it as well. The reason I asked about which type was because I think they may sit a bit higher on a bunk trailer. It seems every one I see the boat is higher than my roller. But it may just be perception too.

BTW, good call on the wider garage door! :-) You have to be VERY precise when backing them into the smaller doors. They will fit, but barely. If you have the trim pieces installed on the inside of the jam, it may not get in. Had a bugger of a time getting mine in my buddies garage before a big storm hit in Virginia a couple years ago.

I would think so. The main thing is that each dealer will likely have different brand trailer options. Karavan, Shoreland'r to name a few. I would imagine that they would have all of them available to see, but may not have it on the boat you are looking for.

As food for thought I measured my height of my boat in my garage last night and it measured 83". Needless to say this was a pucker moment for me because I too have a 7' garage door. Mind you this is the height of the boat sitting in my garage not hooked up to my truck so the jack stand is higher than when its hooked up to my truck so this number is probably an inch or so higher than when I back the boat in.

I would be cautious that first time backing your new baby in though, depending on where the "ribs" are on the inside of the door you might run into some clearance issues. Worst case scenario would be having to push the boat in rather than back it in and making sure the jack stand is really low in the front.

Yeah, I don't think I'll be backing it in at 30 mph. :) I did mention to the carpenter that'll be putting in the new door to get me as much clearance as he can when he frames it in since the height with the windshield appeared to be around 82".

My boat was side by side with a similar sized boat at a gas station. His trailer was almost the same as mine except mine was a bunk and his was roller. MY bunk sat considerably lower than his roller. This is my first bunk trailer and I will absolutely never ever go back to a roller trailer. Its so much easier that I would have never believed it.