• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

is the corn still in?

just wondering how the corn harvest is coming in the western/ central parts of the state? I'm starting to think that with the way things will be freezing a lot of it maybe in the fields all winter.

The weather hasn't been cooperating too well as of late. The Sugar Beet Coop stopped the farmers from lifting any more beets as of last Sunday at 8 p.m. They lost about 15% of their total crop due to frost/freeze damage, they will just plow them under now. The corn will go fast now, frozen ground will actually help the harvesting of the remainding corn. Looking at the weather I would say by the middle to latter part of next week you won't see much corn left. Oh yeah, I'm in Southern Kandiyohi County and Northern Renville County.

The corn harvest by me is over half done I would say in the next couple weeks it should be mostly done. I am in Goodhue County and I will be hunting alot in Olmsted County by Rochester on weekends.

Still quite a bit of corn left in northern Kandiyohi county, but it will go fast, as others have said, the cold and no precip will help speed it up. My guess is that there will still be a few fields left by deer opener, Nov 9. I'm taking a few days off next week to bow hunt and pheasant hunt, I'll be putting in quite a few miles just watching the corn harvest by the public hunting areas.