• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wolves 2015 Draft

Sandmannd

Was the best draft I can remember!! First time ever with the first round pick and they didn't disappoint. With Karl-Anthony Townes they get some great defense and decent offense. I thought they did awesome with that pick. Then I found out they traded and got Jones!!! In Jones they got a great backup PG to Rubio. I don't think he's ready to start for a year or two but we'll see. Rubio is prone to go down. I know there's a lot of people that want to trade Rubio but I don't know that I would be eager to trade him, still a great passer and great with assists. It would be great to use Jones as the shooting guard and Rubio as the ball handler, they could really compliment each other. 

The team is very young with and are now loaded with talent. I think they are a couple of years from making noise but they'll get there. I think they should look to move Peck and get rid of his contract.

The main reason I dont have a problem with the trade is because we have so many young players, and we didnt need, nor have room for more. We have 14 players on the team now, that are very young, and most need developing.

We need to develop what we have now, before we continue to stash more young talent over seas.

A line up of

Ricky Rubio

Zach Lavine

Gorgui Dieng

Anthony Bennett

Chase Buddinger

Kevin Garnett

Tyus Jones

Kevin Martin

Shabazz Muhammad

Adreian Payne

Nikola Pekovic

Andrew Wiggins

Karl Anthony Towns

=13+

we are trying to sign Nemanja Bjelica =14

I would like to get rid of Bennett and Budinger, and possibly Martin and Pek, but I dont see the latter of the two going anywhere.

Why does everyone want to get rid of experience?   Unless we can dump our vets for BETTER vets I don't believe it is in our best interest to get rid of Peck, Martin, Rubio, Garnett.

Apparently, some think a college all-star team can actually win in the NBA.

I like the pieces that are being put together, but until Flip is gone, this team is going nowhere!

​Flip is the one building the team and has pulled in some great talent since he's been back. I would like to see him bring in a coach and step down as coach but I want him in charge of the basketball operations. 

Why does everyone want to get rid of experience?   Unless we can dump our vets for BETTER vets I don't believe it is in our best interest to get rid of Peck, Martin, Rubio, Garnett.

Apparently, some think a college all-star team can actually win in the NBA.

​I like Pek as well when he plays!, But his experience and play is not doing us any good. sitting on the bench, or not even at the games for 65 games a year. For the money we pay him, we could have someone as experienced, and is capable of playing 65 games a year, rather then 20.

Garnett isnt going anywhere, since he will soon be the new owner, Flip would be committing a career suicide if he let him go. I personally think KG should just take on a players coach for a few years, rather then using up a roster spot, and 10 million dollars, but he needs to make as much as he can so he can purchase the team.

Buddinger isnt a leader, and wouldnt help the rookies out much. We have Wiggins, and Shabazz I would much rather see on the floor, then Buddinger, and I like Buddunger as well!

Rubio, I dont think they should get rid of him yet. We need to have his replacement before we trade him. The team does play better with him on the floor, and with Rubio and Wiggins handling the back court, add KAT in the front court, with either KG, PEK, or whoever, that is a good defense! If Shabazz can improve on defense this year, we will be a top 5 defense easily. This new dude Bjelica could lock lock down the PF, and help lock up the SF position. The down side of Rubio is his offense, his contract, and that he is starting to become injury prone. We could find someone more rounded at the point for $12.5 million a year!

So, no I dont think we should get rid of all veterans, and only play rookies, but it just seems all of our veterans either have a bad contract, or they are injury prone, or both.

We have our roster we are playing with for 2015. A lot of young players, with a lot of promising potential. They will be fun to watch and grow together the next couple years. We arent in the position to be adding anymore vets to the team. At least for a couple more years. I dont see us making the playoffs this year, and we will probably be flirting with the playoffs next year, but in 3 years, I could see us as buyers on FA, and competing for a title. But that is an ideal situation, and I realize this is MN sports, so I know I am being optimistic.

I will admit, the NBA has done an absolutely great job at grabbing my interest since the playoffs. This was the 1st year I've watched the draft since the mid 90's. I've even tried watching a couple of the t-wolves' summer league games. More so to get a feel for Tyus Jones, as I already feel Towns is the goods! 

Love the way the team is trending with young talent... and I mean GOOD young talent that can play at the NBA level for a long time. But anybody thinking we are competing in the Western conf for a playoff spot needs to open the window and take some breaths of fresh air. We are a good looking young team but the West is so loaded with veteran teams that are ready NOW, the wolves just need to keep getting better and I will be happy. 

I agree!  With Andre Miller, Tayshaun Prince then you add Kevin Martin I think we have some solid leadership and veterans that can lead this young group of pups into a long season and barring injury to our main cogs I think we will be a contending team for the 8th spot in the playoffs.  We will most likely end up out of the playoffs but I think we will just miss out on a spot when all is said and done.

I think it will be an exciting season, and I will go to a few of their games this year. I will also watch a quite a few early season games, but as the season wears on, and the new excitement wears off, I tend to lose a lot of my excitement for the team, and then I just follow them on the internet, rather then wasting time watching them.

We wont be coming close to the  playoffs this year, I do think we have the pieces that can take us there, it will just be a couple years before they figure it out.

To be honest we have a very bright future, and in 2 years I hope this young crew figures it out, because in 2 years, we will be set to be big buyers in free agency. With losing a couple bad contracts, and the increase in salary cap, I think we could go after anyone we want. But as always with the Wolves, it isnt who we want, but who will play for us.

Heck I forgot to add our biggest veteran leader in KG!  I personally think at 28 wins you are selling them short...that is the fun part about guessing how they will finish cause at this point neither of us are wrong!! haha   I always go into the season with high expectations and even though the West is stacked if the Wolves can stay healthy, starting with Pek and Rubio, I truly believe we can make some noise this year.  Towns, Wiggins, Lavine, Dieng, Muhammad, Bennett, Payne, and Jones are a good young core and then add Rubio, KG, Pek, Martin, Miller, and Prince and who ever else I am missing and I think the squad isn't far off the 8th seed.  oh I was forgetting the European stud we brought over Bjelica!!  6-10 and a seasoned 27 year old rookie that many say is going to have an impact on this team.  I wish the season started sooner!!!!  Go Wolves