• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

leech~~

Any Dual Sport riders out there?

What the heck is up with this dead thread?

Any Dual Sport riders want to meet up for a ride. I have my DR650 up in Brainerd and could meet up some weekend for a ride through the Bunyan, Outing, Longville areas? 

What the heck is up with this dead thread?

Any Dual Sport riders want to meet up for a ride. I have my DR650 up in Brainerd and could meet up some weekend for a ride through the Bunyan, Outing, Longville areas? 

​No logging road riders out there at all? Great way to do some scouting for hunting areas. 

Ok, it's a year later anyone buy a Dual Sport or Adventure bike since and want to go for a ride some weekend? Now's the time to ride before the heat and bugs! :)

On Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 9:28 PM, leech~~ said:

Ok, it's a year later anyone buy a Dual Sport or Adventure bike since and want to go for a ride some weekend? Now's the time to ride before the heat and bugs! :)

Bump!  Anyone get a Dual sport bike on this forum yet?  Great way to see some back roads during the summer!

Yeah ive always had one XR650R,great fun in everyway,point it any direction and wick that throttle !! Don't get as airborne as years past, but wheelies at 60 mph are a riot ! Sure gets those Harley guys lookin ! ROOST RULES

I have a DR650 which are suppose to do good wheelies, but I an't going to try it!  Keep it up at the camper all summer to buzz around when the wife goes gift shoppen and the fish aren't biting.  Have been on a few long trips to the Northshore with some guys from ADV riders. Fun times.

Hey any of you 100's of site Lurkers out there. Join up and lets ride some Dual Sport, so far nothing but a few Moped and old Harley rides in here! :whistle:   :D

On 6/13/2017 at 11:46 PM, leech~~ said:

Hey any of you 100's of site Lurkers out there. Join up and lets ride some Dual Sport, so far nothing but a few Moped and old Harley rides in here! :whistle:   :D

Ill bump you into 2018. I just picked up a WR250F and put plates on it. Not sure how much riding I will get done now though with the house build.

On 6/13/2017 at 11:46 PM, leech~~ said:

You ever check out www.thumpertalk.com Lots of guys in your area.

8 minutes ago, Bryan n Deb said:

You ever check out www.thumpertalk.com Lots of guys in your area.

Member of ADVRider. Rode with lots of guys on there. I just put out a feeler on here once in a while. :)

Posted (edited)

And the bike is ready to ride. Any folks get a new Dual sport this year?

UntriedVapidGalapagossealion-size_restricted.gif

Edited by leech~~

Sold my bike because I was riding alone. 

I've got 3 scooters so got a posse of outlaws to ride with. 

Thinking about a smaller DS to increase my range, a little.

do most of my riding alone, prefer it that way..  there are times when a group is fun to run with..

I keep my bike up at my camper in Brainerd all summer and ride around on the weekends by myself for the most part. I also have joined in on large group rides that mostly ride up on the Northshore.  It's a fun way to get out in the woods during the summer. I use to have 4 wheelers which are lots of fun but had to trailer everywhere and with a Dualsport I can ride there!

Second picture is our mile long rolling road block leaving Our Place out of Finland MN after breakfast!  :)

Shin-dig 015.jpg

20130713_082219-1.jpg

Picked up a KLR250.   Like any DS they don't do anything great but I opted for a lighter weight DS.  If your thinking about a KLR you better have long legs.  The Mad Dog ATV seat pad I put on to get some relief added another inch I have to stretch.  I fabricated a rear rack too to get hung up on.   She hums along at 65 mph with more to give but wouldn't want to keep it at those RPMs for long.  So I took off the 15T front sprocket and tried out a 16T and am very pleased with that.   Next I'll be adding saddle bags or panniers then adventure into the Arrowhead Trout Lakes for a day or two.

2 hours ago, Surface Tension said:

Picked up a KLR250.   Like any DS they don't do anything great but I opted for a lighter weight DS.  If your thinking about a KLR you better have long legs.  The Mad Dog ATV seat pad I put on to get some relief added another inch I have to stretch.  I fabricated a rear rack too to get hung up on.   She hums along at 65 mph with more to give but wouldn't want to keep it at those RPMs for long.  So I took off the 15T front sprocket and tried out a 16T and am very pleased with that.   Next I'll be adding saddle bags or panniers then adventure into the Arrowhead Trout Lakes for a day or two.

Nice!  250cc is prefect for wood and logging road riding. My 650cc is nice on the logging roads but doesn't even get to the power band in the woods most of the time. 

I also put the mad dog ATV seat on for a little added ride comfort on those long days. Not sure if you can get lowering links for your bike or not?  I put lowering links on and raised the front forks a 1/2" to lower the bike and it sure is nice in the woods on uneven ground. Have fun! 🙂

Dual Sport? Is this what we used to call an Enduro? The kids on the neighboring farm to where I grew up had one along with some dirt bikes. I used to want to get one bad but then I got into 3 wheeling, then 4 wheelers so now I stick with 4 wheelers.

29 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

Dual Sport? Is this what we used to call an Enduro? The kids on the neighboring farm to where I grew up had one along with some dirt bikes. I used to want to get one bad but then I got into 3 wheeling, then 4 wheelers so now I stick with 4 wheelers.

Yep.   Road and dirt.