• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Hey Guys, I'm curious if any forum members fish/spend time near Webb Lake. My sister has a cabin on Hanscom Lake nearby but it suffered a winter kill a few years ago and the fishing has suffered. I will be going up 2 out of the next 3 weekends and am going to bring my kayak to check out some nearby lakes. I have heard good things of nearby Long Lake and Fish Lake (Burnett County). If anyone is familiar with the area and has some tips I'd love to hear them!

I've got a cabin just down the road about 7 miles south of Webb Lake on South Twin Lake. The area is full of little lakes that have decent fishing. The ones i have tried are near where my cabin is located. South Twin, North Twin, McClain, Matthews, Chicog, Nancy, and Big Bass lake are the ones that i have fished. They are all good bass fisheries if thats what your after. You'll find crappies in most of those lakes as well. From my experience the walleye bite on these lakes comes after sunset. I think this is contributed by how clear the lakes are in the region. Hope this helps and good luck!

I've got a cabin just down the road about 7 miles south of Webb Lake on South Twin Lake. The area is full of little lakes that have decent fishing. The ones i have tried are near where my cabin is located. South Twin, North Twin, McClain, Matthews, Chicog, Nancy, and Big Bass lake are the ones that i have fished. They are all good bass fisheries if thats what your after. You'll find crappies in most of those lakes as well. From my experience the walleye bite on these lakes comes after sunset. I think this is contributed by how clear the lakes are in the region. Hope this helps and good luck!

​Oh okay, so you're just further East on 77 then the turn off to my sisters place. I found the lakes that you were referencing. There are so many small lakes in that area it's crazy! I agree with you about the water clarity in that area - lakes are very clear. I will be targeting Bass for the most part, yes. A possible Pike or Muskie as well. Do you get up to that area much? I have a family cabin in Danbury and then my sister got her place South of Webb Lake 2 years ago.

I mainly fish for Bass. I tried out Birch Island Lake on Saturday but didn't have the most luck. Got into a few bass and pike on a spinnerbait and then a few more bass on a topwater frog but nothing over 2lbs. There were a lot of pleasure boaters on the lake Saturday which made fishing a lot of shorelines/areas difficult. I'm not sure which lake I will try next!

Sorry for the late response. Been a busy last few weeks. I get up to that area 3 or 4 times a summer and occasionally an ice fishing trip as well.  Going up this weekend actually with a large group of family and friends. Will probably turn out to be more of a drinking trip than anything else. Lol. Have you gotten a chance to try any of the other lakes i mentioned?

And yes i meant 7 miles east, not south. I've been going up there 7 years now and still somehow lose my sense of direction. Lol

I haven't yet, since we spoke I have only been up to the area once. I spent a lot of time with family and on my cabin lake - which I'm now very thankful for as my Aunt (2nd mother to me) just passed away unexpectedly last week and I have so many great memories of her from that trip to the cabin. Me and my GF floated the Namekagon River in our kayaks and did some fishing - such a beautiful river! I caught a few Smallies on topwater there.