• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Humminbird 859 DI vs Elite 7 Chirp

Ebiz

Posted this in the equipment forum as well but thought I might get a little more advice here

Finally time to upgrade from my super sophisticated HB 141c and have spent the past few weeks researching a new sonar/GPS combo, based on budget I think I'm ruling out the need for SI but do want the DI & GPS;  have narrowed it down to either the HB 859 or Lowrance Elite7.  I know with both I'll need to also invest in a map chip but otherwise both units appear to come ready to go out of the box with the right transducer, etc.

Anyone with experience with one/both have any insight into the best route to go? Any other options out there that I've somehow missed?  Total budget with the map chip is ~800 or less if possible.

Sidebar question - has anyone ever bought a reconditioned unit from Cabela's?  Looks like the warranty is only for 90 days but they have the 899 DI/SI right now for $719...

Looking to pull the trigger in the next week before I head up north and also some of the rebates expire, any help is much appreciated, thanks!!