• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnkota PD - not working

1Bigdog

I have a Minnkota Powerdrive 24 volt, last weekend I put it in the water and it made a click sound when I tried to turn it on, then nothing. I checked the batteries first and they are good. I then checked the power at the outlet and that is good. I then checked the plug end of cable that connects to the outlet and that looks good.

Now what?

There was a fuse able link in the head of mine that blew a couple years ago. I had it replaced at Motor Clinic in Bloomington after I couldn't diagnose the problem. The unit would turn right or left but the motor only made a clicking sound.

Edited by Pat K

I would first check your braker switch at battery(if you have one), then I would look at the foot pedal.  If it has the flat pedal, they are notorious for failure overtime.  If you have access to a foot pedal, from a friend or such, plug it In and see if works.