• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Apostle Islands, Chequamegon Bay Fishing Reports

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Kent, sorry to hear about your skunking in the bay.. But, you hit on something key.. Mobility can be key to getting bit during those days your seeing a lot of sniffers.. Gotta keep moving to find some active ones..

Ice is still looking good.. Lots of ice in the bay itself.. And north of Houghton Point, the average is 12 inches of ice.. This leads all the way into the islands.. To Hermit, Oak, and just south of Steamboat Point on Madeline Island.. Big winds forecasted again this weekend, some ice has left from the western side of the islands, and hopefully it doesnt get beat up too bad this weekend..

Current is key for active trout, in the islands and in the bay itself.. If current is lacking, downsizing is key.. And for lakers in the depths, this means spoons, sometimes 3/4 of an ouce with some cut bait. Also, bucktail jigs seem to get bit more often then not on these days as well. With good current, nothing beats a beetle.. Mackinaws, Delasky, of the Fly are my favorite.. ounce to two ounce.. Always having a stinger hook rigged off them too!!!

Interesting enough, this past Tuesday, we caught all our fish on GULP! J erk Shads.. I filleted the 5 inchers and used them on the pins of beetles to get bit.. And this was a day the fish were finicky as well.. I'll be experimenting with this set-up more throughout the season..

Have just started to get photos again, after losing my camera down the hole in 190 FOW the other day.. cry

020508001io5.jpg

Click to view the full article