• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who Makes These?

outdoorsmin

I'll see them at various bait shops. They are typically sold in little plastic pouches, that are stapled shut. No company logos, slogans, advertisements, or anything. Just an orange price tag sticker.

​Willing to share any of those bait shops?  The place I found them had the jigs in a plastic tray. 

Most of the time when I see jigs sold like that they are from Northland.  This look like it?

Gill getter by northland...  Northland Fishing Tackle is the name of the company.  They have a web site

Gill-Getter-82-Tiger-Beetle-250.png

Edited by delcecchi

They are not from Northland or any "big" manuf. I believe it is from a smaller shop.  Kind of taking the place of Jeff Sundin Jigs. Similar in size and shape with better paint. If I remember correctly they are made in one of the following: Red Wing, Rochester or Wi.  Ha. 

Edited by outdoorsmin

I wonder why someone would market a product like this without and ID on it.  Fishermen are notorious for wanting to buy the hot lure.  W/O ID it is difficult to do so.  So my cynical mind is wondering if someone is bootlegging seconds, selling something that has some type of defect or what.  A kid selling lemonade on the corner has a better sense of marketing than this outfit.

If one were to be shopping for jigs at Fleet Farm, like I was yesterday, they would find all sorts of jigs in plastic bags where the jigs themselves have no labels.  Jiggs Jigs etc.  

I think the equipment to put a logo on the jig must be expensive, whereas pouring heads and painting requires little in the way of capital equipment.  

I have had good luck buying jigs at a reasonable price on the bay of e. 

These look to be jammin jigs maybe?  But there are so many different manufactures(if you call them that)  Like it was mentioned, probably just a mom and pop shop.

I believe those were made by a local guide up in the Grand Rapids area.  It may have been Jeff Sundin but that is just a guess.  If you call Ben's Bait in Grand Rapids Ben will be able to tell you who it was as he told me when I was looking for them last year.  I believe the guide stopped making them a couple of years ago and/or sold them to Northland.  Good Luck!