• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Deep Cranking Rod?

bassfshin24

Looking to get a new deep cranking rod for this summer. Anyone have any good recommendations on a rod that won't break the bank. I've been thinking about the KVD cranking rod in a 7.5ft but would like some other opinions. I love deep cranking in the summer and the rod I have now just does not get the job done. 

And by deep cranks I mean DT-14, DT-16, Series 5's and Series 6's

Edited by bassfshin24

I have a 7'11" Powell and love it. It's the custom one they did for Tackle Warehouse, but I've seen the Max 3D version of the same rod, and they're basically identical. It's a glass/graphite composite, and it's kind of the best of both words. Responsiveness of graphite, forgiveness with hooked fish of glass, and lighter than pure glass. My favorite cranking rod yet.

I don't have one personally, but the guys that use the Shimano TC4 cranking rods sure seem to like them, and the new blank material in the Crucial cranking rods is supposedly better yet...

The KVD rods are nice action-wise, but man they seem heavy to me.

All the rods I mentioned are @ the same price range - between $150 and $190...