• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Neighbor_guy

Portage yoke

I am curious if anyone here has ever found a commercially available portage yoke for a sit in Kayak or constructed one of their own?

Last fall was the first I have had a chance to carry mine much farther than from storage to the truck. The over the shoulder method works well in that case, but a 60lb boat on one shoulder lake to lake gets to be a drag. My magic 8-ball tells me there is going to be some late October boundary waters duck chasing again and I want to be prepared. 

I've seen this kind along with multiple variations.  This one is commercially available through Boundary Waters Catalog for $78 but I've also seen homemade versions.  Main down side is that you have to take it on and off at each portage but that's probably going to be the case with any portage yoke for a kayak.  I'd just try to avoid a route where you'll be having to do a ton of small portages back to back, that always gets annoying.  

2526-DEFAULT-l.jpg