• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

concrete steps

Tom7227

Once again another project on my daughter's Mpls home.  The back steps are poured and have sunk and need replacement.  One option seems to be precast steps.  I frankly don't even know if they are made any longer as I haven't checked on this type of thing.  Does anyone have any experience with them?  The access isn't particularly difficult other than the fact that the darn things probably require at least two men and a boy to get them in place.

The current steps have to be jacked out and I assume there's a lot of material that has to be removed in that process.  Might be that the easiest would be to hire someone to come and take them out and pour what is needed.  It would be a fairly standard 4 steps and landing setup.  Any idea at all what that would cost in Mpls?  Just west of downtown so it isn't some fancy neighborhood but you also won't need an armed guard for the truck.

Thanks for your time.

Tom

I have a friend that works for Innovative Basement Systems and they use an expanding foam of some sort to raise sunken sidewalks/patios/driveways. It may be worth a check to see if it could raise the steps. According to him the foam works wonders and does not degrade with time. They use it all the time. There is a branch located in Pine City that could probably help you out. They may have other ideas as well...

Once again another project on my daughter's Mpls home.  The back steps are poured and have sunk and need replacement.  One option seems to be precast steps.  I frankly don't even know if they are made any longer as I haven't checked on this type of thing.  Does anyone have any experience with them?  The access isn't particularly difficult other than the fact that the darn things probably require at least two men and a boy to get them in place.

The current steps have to be jacked out and I assume there's a lot of material that has to be removed in that process.  Might be that the easiest would be to hire someone to come and take them out and pour what is needed.  It would be a fairly standard 4 steps and landing setup.  Any idea at all what that would cost in Mpls?  Just west of downtown so it isn't some fancy neighborhood but you also won't need an armed guard for the truck.

Thanks for your time.

Tom

​Gopher concrete in Madelia makes them.I have 3 sets of the precast you could have free by St James if you come and get them. We are demoing the house and I just removed them today.