• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Lake Trout fishing continues to be great here, the same goes as in my last report for them. The Bass are now in their summer spots and being caught on a variety of baits (plastics, drop shots, sucker minnows). Short report this week but not much has changed since my last report other than the bass really being on their summer spots now instead of in transition mode. Any questions let me know!

Here is a little teaser video we made last week of the incredible Lake Trout fishery we have here in the islands. I hope you enjoy it!

Fishing continues to be great. I am catching lots of bass of their usual summer spots. My favorite bait for them this year is the Berkley Gulp! 5" jerkshad in white. throw it on a jighead and catch fish! Another good one has been a twister tail on a jig head slow rolling it back to the boat.

Lake Trout continue to be on fire and I have not much else to report on them, everything is working! All I can add is use the current to help you find fish, and use your electronics to be sure your fishing in a area that is holding fish.

I have been to busy with the bass and lake trout to troll for walleyes or any near shore trout. It is a good problem to have! I should be able to get out here shortly for walleyes.

The picture shown is not a big fish, 30" but I chose this picture because of the great colors on it! 

Drew

drew_lake_trout_pretty.jpg

Fishing has slowed a bit the last couple weeks. We are dealing with very high water temps, making the fish pretty lazy. Lake trout are still going pretty good just look a bit deeper than a couple weeks ago. Spoons and spin n glows are still the best bet. Bass are being caught over weeds, rocks, and wood in 8-15ft. Crank baits like the rapala dt6 and Arashi shad have been good as well as gulp 5" jerk shads on a jighead. 

image.jpg

Nice reports as usual , Drew.  Hope to be up in a month and again in Oct. for the smallies. Lake trout will have to wait until next March. We'll talk.

Oh yeah, your video is great. Excellent editing. 

rascal

Sounds good Rascal23! Lakers still going strong and so are smallies. Basically the same report as above. Smallies are very tough mid day, if your looking to catch them go early or late in the day. Bright colors have been working best for me

drew

Absolutely! As we get into fall I will be reporting on the near shore trout/salmon bite in every report. I'll continue to bass reports and start slowing down on lake trout reports as we go. Thanks for the suggestion!