• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Beercan Bacon Burger

Wow !!!!! 

Now that a burger !!!

I think the wife would have some objections if I were to whip up one of those bad boys :)

​Jim, I was going to say " dirtking your not married or your wife is not home right now-Right!" :)

So I watched the video that has been floating around the internets lately and decided to try this.  I made 2, 1 pounders (plus cheese and filling).  For filling we used morel mushrooms, ramps, onion, poblano pepper, Anaheim pepper and pepperjack.  They were real good!

20150525_130344r20150525_13052020150525_14025720150525_141425

That looks good! It looks good enough to risk a little artery plaque

We split them in half and went 2 people to a burger.  So really you only were eating 1 piece of bacon and 1/2 pound a meat per person.  Still a big meal, but not as horrible as it looks.  Next time I would try to make them 3/4 pounders, but I had 2 lbs of meat so what the heill....

Beer can burger has to be my favorite burger bar none.  The OP here did a mighty fine one indeed!!!  I make mine about 8 oz.  I just use bulk burger and ball up each one rather than using a pre-made burger patty.  You can see how I made it in detail on my blog in the Smokin Hot page www.sausageheavenoutdoors.com.  The beer can burger is kind of like a Juicy Lucy but without that extra patty on top.  The great  thing about this burger is that you can put anything you like in the hole.  I have done them in my smoker and on the grill.  In the smoker I set the temp around 270 deg.  On the grill, you can do them on in-direct heat or set the burgers on the top rack if done over direct heat.  Here are some pics of some I made:  In these burgers I put carmalized onions, jalapenos, pepper jack cheese [two layers] and in the end I topped them with some cheddar cheese.  good luck.

IMG_1900.jpg

IMG_1904.jpg

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1906.jpg

IMG_1907.jpg

IMG_1909.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

IMG_1912.jpg

I finally tried these this weekend.  I pretty much demanded my friend make them for us in exchange for another buddy and I helping put a roof on his shed during 100 Deg heat index weather!  These were outstanding and the possibilities are endless.  Kind of fun if you have company because you can create a build-it-yourself topping bar, of sorts.  They will be a re-occurring menu item in my household from now on.