• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Torques for 2009 Impala front hub replacement?

Anyone have access to shop manual or whatever that gives the torques necessary when replacing the front wheel hub assemblies on a 2009 Chev Impala?

I can think of needing torques for -

Axle nut

Brake caliper mounting pins/screws

Brake caliper bracket mounting screws

Wheel hub mounting screws

I'd imagine torque for the lug nuts is in the Owner's Manual so probably can find that.

Thanks in advance!

Sometimes a torch, heavy dead blow, and a 16 pound sledge will barely get them.

I could have added a trick is to hit the hub (air hammer preferred but a hammer and punch will do)on the ear where the bolts go through so that you are rotating the hub clockwise/counterclockwise in the knuckle. This will help break them free and on some vehicles the ear will move to a spot that can be used to push it out of the hub. Getting them to spin a little is the key. Once its spinning they will usually come out a lot easier.

Hopefully this will help someone in the future.

I ended up using a small bottle jack that I could get between the subframe and the lower front hub bolt. Left them all a few turns out, put a socket on the bolt, then used the jack to press from the subframe onto the socket. Worked pretty well, actually. Just took a little press-like action to get it moving. Once it had moved out that little bit working out the rest with a couple wedges was easy-peasy. Was just getting that little gap opened up to get started.

Edited by Whoaru99