• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Benelli won't cycle shell

I have a Benelli SBE, a few years old. When shooting 1 1/8 loads it lots of times doesn't put the next shell in chamber. See pics. What should I start with? The second pic shows where the position of the bolt after shot and where the next shell is. The first pic shows where the bolt ends up when there isn't a shell in the mag. I've cleaned many times and took the spring out of the stock and cleaned there too.

full-32745-55819-image.jpg

full-32745-55820-image.jpg

It looks like you have put a few shells through the gun. I wonder if your ejector is worn and hanging up a little. Still kicking out the case but maybe a little late and the next shell is coming up causing a jam? confused

How are you cleaning the action, with a rag? What kind of oil do you put on the slides? I break my sbe down and use an air compressor on everything and couple drops of rem oil on each slide. Takes a couple minutes. Ive had mine for about 7 years now. I shoot a lot too never had s problem

I went to see Stu, located at Del Tone in St. Cloud. He said the spring in the stock was too strong. I bought a new one and installed myself. Shot a round of trap with 1 oz and it cycled every time.

Now that I think back on it, I had Laib's work on the gun about 6 years ago when it wouldn't lock up in cold weather. He installed a stronger spring that doesn't like trap loads. Problem solved, I hope!

I went to see Stu, located at Del Tone in St. Cloud. He said the spring in the stock was too strong. I bought a new one and installed myself. Shot a round of trap with 1 oz and it cycled every time.

Now that I think back on it, I had Laib's work on the gun about 6 years ago when it wouldn't lock up in cold weather. He installed a stronger spring that doesn't like trap loads. Problem solved, I hope!

I know this thread is old but in the event someone else may need the information. If the recoil spring is broken or damaged, it may not allow the action to travel far enough to the rear. . a roughly machined chamber can also create enough friction to slow the action and cause a failure to cock. Both of these possibilities also cause feeding issues.