• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What are the rest of you seeing for ducklings and goslings so far???

I am seeing a lot of geese with just one and the largest I have seen is two.

We did see a mallard hen with a whopping 14!!! Ducklings in tow.

Just wondering what everyone else has been seeing. We are down to four months, the season will be here quick.

There are tons of geese with little ones in tow at the water treatment plant I live by. A couple pairs of geese have at least 10 goslings chasing them around. And one of the parents has bands on both legs...might have to figure out where he's going this fall!

The little puff balls are looking like grown ups now. Several pairs have moved their families to the holding ponds at work. I counted 17young of the year and 5 adults in the group. It's getting harder and harder to separate them now as they are getting their colored feathers. 

The 9young geese on the lake at home are still drab colored. And the mallard and wood duck families have vanished into thin air, so I can't comment on them. 

Cant wait a it for the upcoming seasons!!!

I found those mallards last night. They were in the water momma was on the wing. It was hard to tell the 11young of the year from their parent when she joined them. Very enjoyable to listen to the interaction as she circled, landed short, and then swam in. 

Still looking for for those wood ducks

Down to 8 on those young of the year mallards. :( there is an eagle working the lake that has developed a taste for them. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't witness it last evening. One strayed about 15yards behind the group as they were feeding. She put up a fight as the eagle flew across the surface of the water with her, but she ended up as dinner. :(