• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

08 liberty pulling small boat

I got a 08 liberty 4x4 it does not have a tow package. best I can find is it has a 2000# weight max. OK I pull a 14 foot boat it weighs 1100# this includes gas tackle anchors everything I had it weighed. I only go maybe 30 miles round trip and I drive like a old duffer should this work Ok. I needed 4x4 but did not want a truck again. any thoughts

You should be fine. Its "rear wheel drive" 4x4 with a proper trans and transfer case behind a V-6. I don't think you will notice the boat behind you.. wink

I think the towing capacity is more around 5,000 pounds. If it had a tow package.

Jeremy,this just made my day from you thank you!! I tried very hard to find a vehicle that would work for us. is there any thing I could do to help the truck trans cooler etc. thanks for your honest info I have taken lots of advice from you and it's appreciated

I would check to see if it has an auxiliary trans cooler. The transmission lines should run to the radiator, then to the auxilary cooler, then back to the transmission. It is odd to see one without a tow package so the "pieces may be there" but it never had the factory hitch or trailer harness installed. If this is the case than I would think that you would be fine.

If there is no auxiliary cooler than getting one installed can not hurt.