• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pheasant Stamp

I just purchased my licenses for the year...what's the deal???? We have to pay an extra $ 2.00 to recieve our stamps!!!
Does anyone know the "what it's for" and the "where it's going" of this new fee? -nunzio

YOU DON'T NEED THE STAMP ITSELF TO HUNT ANYMORE. SOME PEOPLE COLLECT THEM...THEY PAY IF THEY WANT THEM.

GOOD WAY TO DO IT REALLY....NOW WE JUST NEED TO GET SOME BIRDS ESTABLISHED!

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

Since we're on the subject...what would a collection(from the first to present) of unsigned pheasant stamps be worth these days?

That's what I mean... We have paid for our small game lisc., then we pay for our stamps, now we have to pay to recieve our already "paid for" stamps. What's the deal? Why don't they just say that our stamps are $2.00 more instead of scamming you at the end?
Did anyone hear an announcement on this before hand? -nunzio

Did the DNR do away with the HIP certification? When I bought my licence this year I was never ask how many ducks or geese I shot last year. The person that sold me the licence knew I would be hunting waterfowl, because I purchased a sportsman licence along with the duck and pheasant stamp. I know in the past everyone hunting waterfowl had to be HIP certified, did that change?

Hey Oscar...you still need to be HIP certified, if it doesn't say that on your license you'd better go back and get it redone. Looks like they goofed up!

Thanks for the info, it looks like I need to head back to the bait shop that sold me the licence. It could be interesting to see what it will take to straighten this one out.

I think it's great, gone are the days for the DNR wasting money sending you stamps that you are required to put on your license. The same license that has printed on it that you already bought a stamp. I always buy my pheasant and duck stamp in March, this way I have all my licenses on one piece of paper. Just now I don't have to find a place to put the stamps without covering up the info on the license. First good decision the DNR has made in quite awhile.

Last year a member of my hunting party did NOT have HIP certification (she had not hunted ducks the previous year) and was given a warning for it, but even though the agent goofs up, you can recieve a fine for it. I to like the new stamp policy, the money goes towards the right to hunt ducks and geese, not the physical stamp, which is ruined once I sigh it, stick it to my license, and cart it around all year. No if I want a good one, I buy it...

------------------
Little Skill, Less Luck, but I Try Hard..

On Saturday I recieved my pheasant stamp in the mail. I was told that I needed to pay an extra 2 dollars to receive my stamp. I was also told that I didn't need to actually have the stamp because it was marked on the liscense. Well I didn't pay the extra fee and still received the stamp. I didn't pay the extra fee because there was no explanation as to what it was for. Postal rates haven't gone up to 2 dollars, yet. Now I'm more confused then ever.
-nunzio ??????????