• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just Food and Drink

18 hours ago, Ronnie D said:

Had my first sit of the season yesterday & got a couple of 20" pike that I'm gonna try & pickle.

( new spear, couldn't help myself)

Looking for a recipe w/ some heat, but not fiery or over briney..

Nice to put some meat up with the new spear!  

I just happened to run across this after seeing your post.  I don’t know if it it’ll help you or not but might be a good base to start from?  I don’t pickle yet.  I’m the only one in the family that likes it.

6B6D36A4-7270-4FCE-BF22-28F78726C100.jpeg.d4cb50fc6053706895f903cbec8095b3.jpeg

3 hours ago, Ronnie D said:

If my day keeps going like this I'll be stopping for filet -o- fish at da drive thru. Slow morning but shanty mods are working out.

16415009564031389993554734687146.jpg

The lighted balls an't working?  🤔

Thanks for da recipe Smurf I'll give that one a try when i recoup from yesterday.

Leech da' balls drew some attention but I'm on the heaviest pressured lake in Michigan and these slime rockets have seen everything a slushie can throw at em'

My latest problem is perfect meatsaver shots on hammer handles but when that dinosaur comes into range the dude 3 shanties over somehow manages to dump in my shorts!!!

1 hour ago, Ronnie D said:

Thanks for da recipe Smurf I'll give that one a try when i recoup from yesterday.

Leech da' balls drew some attention but I'm on the heaviest pressured lake in Michigan and these slime rockets have seen everything a slushie can throw at em'

My latest problem is perfect meatsaver shots on hammer handles but when that dinosaur comes into range the dude 3 shanties over somehow manages to dump in my shorts!!!

Talk to smurfy on how to get those little hammer handles.  I think he uses a fork on a chopstick?  😆

I made my annual batch of Turkey gizzards on New Year’s Eve. I forgot to take them out to thaw so I ended up throwing them in the crockpot mostly frozen. They still turned out amazing. I thought I had a picture of them finished but can’t find one on my phone. I highly recommend anyone to try this. If you like venison you will love Turkey gizzards cooked like this. The goop is only a can of each of cream of chicken and mushroom and an onion. I also added some minced garlic and plan to add that when I start them next year. I didn’t have fresh so I just used the pre minced stuff I had in the fridge.  Put them in a crockpot and cook on low as long as it takes until they melt in your mouth. Typically that’s 8-12 hours. I’ve used different flavors of creaked soup and they’re all good. I made 4 pound of gizzards. The wife found these at the local coborns owned grocery store. 

98169CA6-3816-4B69-B1B1-D18910E78CA5.jpeg

92DCC327-45BF-4DD4-8329-CB35C2A10B39.jpeg

Edited by huntnfish
Ingredient add