• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just Food and Drink

3 hours ago, blue_healer_guy said:

used to be 3,2,1 guy.  Neighbor always had better ribs than me.  No foil.  4.5 hours at 225, spritz apple juice after 2 hours.  Last half hour bbq sauce.  Wont ever foil again, so good.

In what way were they better?

On 7/4/2021 at 7:28 AM, Mike89 said:

I do the dry rub and set out the sauce..  they can can make the decision..  

I agree with this and it is what I normally do but if you do like BBQ sauce on your ribs, there's something to be said for caramelizing the sauce on the ribs in the cooker for about 30 minutes. IMO, way better than dunking it in cold bbq sauce.

50 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

In what way were they better?

I'd like to know that too...

44 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

I agree with this and it is what I normally do but if you do like BBQ sauce on your ribs, there's something to be said for caramelizing the sauce on the ribs in the cooker for about 30 minutes. IMO, way better than dunking it in cold bbq sauce.

yes I hear ya but the sauce can be heated up too...  

2 hours ago, blue_healer_guy said:

Imo only, love the texture and flavor is better. and a little pull off bone.  Like I said used to go that route, just found one i like better.  Plus less work. lol

I always like to try different ways of cooking and when I do the weber charcoal I don't wrap either..  so now I think I will try it on the pellet smoker too..

On 7/5/2021 at 3:59 PM, blue_healer_guy said:

Imo only, love the texture and flavor is better. and a little pull off bone.  Like I said used to go that route, just found one i like better.  Plus less work. lol

scored some baby back ribs today, going to try one Friday your way...    maybe throw some pork steaks on the smoker too....  

11 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

scored some baby back ribs today, going to try one Friday your way...    maybe throw some pork steaks on the smoker too....  

It just happens I am totally free Friday and possibly in the area ???

my friend, that we cook ribs with on the 4th, doesn't wrap her racks? either and just cooks them straight for 5 or so hours.  Her final product is not too bad but I still prefer the racks I did as the meat appeared to be juicier overall.  Hope everyone enjoyed their 4th and enjoyed a nice meal of ribs!!

1 hour ago, chaffmj said:

Looks great! I do have to ask if that is a new kitchen table or did you clean up all the stuff that is usually on it. ?

?? I just cropped the picture tighter but Yea it was cleaned off more than normal for a change.

On 7/5/2021 at 3:59 PM, blue_healer_guy said:

well I did them your way...  I did the baby backs for just over 4 1/2 hours and some pork steaks for 2 1/2 hours...  both were very good...  going to do that again some time soon!!!!  see even ol dogs can learn some thing new!!  

1 hour ago, snagfinder said:

That sounds weird

try some!!  I have smoked the taters in the past and made tater salad with them...  good stuff!!    smoked hard boiled eggs too!!!!  

Edited by Mike89