• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just Food and Drink

2 hours ago, RebelSS said:

Bobber...you decided anything on the smoker issue yet? Just can't see you with an electric.....nothing wrong with them, though. Kinda like I just can't see Glenn driving a Ferrari......

It all comes down to using the tube. Basically sausage,  bacon, jerky and fatties until i get a handle on it. I cant see smurf in a  Ferrari,  pogo stick ya!!

3 hours ago, RebelSS said:

Bobber...you decided anything on the smoker issue yet? Just can't see you with an electric.....nothing wrong with them, though. Kinda like I just can't see Glenn driving a Ferrari......

I never thought I'd want an electric smoker either but last summer when we were in the Black Hills our neighboring camper brought over some brisket he had smoked that day on one of those Masterbuilt's that were made for Cabellas and oh my word was it ever good!!!! I decided right there that it's more about the cook than the cooker so I'm probably going to get an electric before spring and give it a whirl.

14 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

I could see you using one and inviting us all over to eat the food. :D;)

14 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

I could see you using one and inviting us all over to eat the food. :D;)

yea right!!!

I put A LOT of meat through my electric before getting my pellet. My only complaint is getting rid of moisture when it is packed with 3 or 4 loins. The meat was tender as hell but looked like something coming out of Del’s kitchen. No bark. Had better results with smaller batches though. I really like the portability of the electric. Perfect for camping trips! I am hoping to get some meat sticks made and use the electric primarily as my “smoke locker”

I put A LOT of meat through my electric before getting my pellet. My only complaint is getting rid of moisture when it is packed with 3 or 4 loins. The meat was tender as hell but looked like something coming out of Del’s kitchen. No bark. Had better results with smaller batches though. I really like the portability of the electric. Perfect for camping trips! I am hoping to get some meat sticks made and use the electric primarily as my “smoke locker”

1 minute ago, rl_sd said:

You said that already!!:P

46 minutes ago, smurfy said:

Fried boneless nords beans and my homemade horseradish.

IMG_20171212_185132976_HDR.jpg

You seem to always have a lot of Nords around smoked or fried, but never give any fishing reports?  :confused:

Turn in Poachers (TIP) in Minnesota  :P

To report a violation immediately, call 1-800-652-9093

Edited by leech~~

8 hours ago, smurfy said:

:confused: thinkin this over i post an ocassional pic of smoked, fried, or pickled fish and the TIP line gets posted..................... not posting no more pics!!!!!!!!!:cry:

I believe you didn't poach those Northerns. You'd have to catch a fish once to be a poacher....:D;):P

8 hours ago, smurfy said:

:confused: thinkin this over i post an ocassional pic of smoked, fried, or pickled fish and the TIP line gets posted..................... not posting no more pics!!!!!!!!!:cry:

Oh don't be a poopy pants!  Just given yea some poop!  Nice looking fish as always! ;)

3 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

I believe you didn't poach those Northerns. You'd have to catch a fish once to be a poacher....:D;):P

Ha I remember showing ya a thing or 2!!! Not sure where your son got his fishin prowess from though!:grin:

3 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Oh don't be a poopy pants!  Just given yea some poop!  Nice looking fish as always! ;)

Yea well!!:cry::/ oh I changed my poopy pants!:P