• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just Food and Drink

7 hours ago, RebelSS said:

"And who will help me eat this thick, made with just-picked tomato's, delicious BLT?" asked the little red hen. "I wil!" squeaked the fuzzy gray squirrel. "I wil!" wheedled the sly red fox. "I will!"  rasped the sleepy 'possum. "Get bent!" chuckled the little red hen.  *CHOMP*   :P

DSC02412.JPG

Burrrrrrrp! said the Japanese beetle...:D

Speaking of corn...had another session under the lights tonight. Some sweet Italian sausage and brats on the grill, complemented with fresh veggies from the garden. The sweetcorn however was from a friend at work. Ours is about 3 weeks out yet. Long weekend. Squeezed in The Nuge and Charlie Daniels concerts along with a funeral Saturday so amazing I got as much done as I did. Nice to exhale, have a brew, grill and sit a spell.

Italian nite.jpg

Italian sausage.jpg

On 8/1/2016 at 3:23 PM, LindellProStaf said:

So Del did the loin turn out good for you?  Was it juicy is what I mean?  What temp did you shoot for?

Oops, missed your post.  The loin turned out well.  I was shooting for 150 so pulled it off at around 145.  Carryover was a little more than I expected so it went a little over.  A few degrees less and maybe some brining instead of the rub next time.

Edited by delcecchi
Fat fingers

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

yea there's no katchup on the Italian sausage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P:grin:

I watched a food network show the other day from Chicago. Was about the street vendors and hot dogs and sausage. Said if anyone even ASKS for ketchup, they get booted....;)

It has always baffled me that someone even gives a hoot what you put on your own hot dog.  Or that you have to have fries on your sandwich instead of on the side...  I want my fries on the side so I can taste the good stuff.  If I can't eat it all it will be fries that are left behind...

We really don't on here, but don't tell Smurfy. Sssshhhhh.   :whistle:   There's actually some hand-made burger places that don't serve or allow ketchup either. Owner said his patties need nothing, and that's how he wants them eaten. Wonder how many people he lost because of that? Wait, he probably doesn't care.....

What it comes down to is some kids never grown up. We all start out eating hot dogs with ketchup. Maybe, just maybe, some of the new Heinz ketchups like the jalapeño or srirachi ketchups, but I don't put ketchup on anything except a burger, not even fries, unless they are really bad. My wife on the other hand, puts ketchup on everything from eggs to chicken. It really pisses me off when I cook her a meal (I do all the cooking) and she gets out the ketchup bottle. LPF, I have never heard of putting fries on a sandwich? Doesn't sound to good to me. To each his own I guess?

One of my buddies in HS had a favorite sandwich...white bread, bologna, then apple butter, more bologna, mustard, then a pile of potato chips on top, another piece of bread, then smash it down. I kid you not. Reminds me of Ally Sheedy and her Cap'n Crunch and pixie stix sandwich in The Breakfast Club......:sick: