• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just Food and Drink

1 hour ago, chaffmj said:

Here is an appetizer for a cold day. A cracker with cream cheese, raspberry jalapeno jam, smoked salmon and a dash or two of tabasco.

chaffmj, what kind of temp and wind chill do you have going on up there right now? ?

?‍♂️  We have the same Disney glasses...

?

-28 near Little Falls right now and brreezy!  Forecasted -34 in the morning with -60 wind chill.  Same temps as Ely but more by the looks of it.  Ely will be maybe -50 wind chill.

Edited by Wanderer

Here is the forecast from the NWS for the next day. We are at a rather warm -24 right now and like Wanderer pointed our wind chill is only going to be between -45 and -55. I am going to play it safe with a no whizzing off the deck rule until Thursday! ? 

Tonight

Mostly cloudy, with a low around -34. Wind chill values between -45 and -55. Blustery, with a northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Wednesday

Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near -16. Wind chill values between -45 and -55. West wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.

Wednesday Night

Mostly clear, with a low around -38. Wind chill values between -45 and -50. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph.

15 minutes ago, chaffmj said:

Sorry about the spelling error.That should have been manzer. Where is D2E when you need him?

Well I hope you freezer your Nuts off next time your out on the deck, funny man! ?

17 hours ago, Big Dave2 said:

I made shrimp boil but I didn't take any pictures so it didn't happen. 

I did have some good beer however.......

u4ic.jpg

I agree BIG DAVE!

u4ic is great stuff.  I grew up about 4 miles from there.  My mom and dad still live there, I swing in every chance I get.  They got a good thing going in Blakeley.

1 hour ago, ThunderLund78 said:

I agree BIG DAVE!

u4ic is great stuff.  I grew up about 4 miles from there.  My mom and dad still live there, I swing in every chance I get.  They got a good thing going in Blakeley.

I like their beers as much as any other brewery I have been to and they always have a very large variety to choose from. There is a new brewery opening up in Belle Plaine sometime this year so we will see if that hurts U4ic at all.

Edited by Big Dave2

3 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Now that looks fantastic Dave. ?  Please tell us you made it, and not your Valentine! ?  

Of course I made it.

My valentine did provide a bottle of wine and an ice cream cake for dessert though. ?

2 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

Of course I made it.

My valentine did provide a bottle of wine and an ice cream cake for dessert though. ?

There yea go Big guy!  Nicely done, you got points I'm sure for that one! ?