• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just Food and Drink

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

Hey I got new rings on 2 of them. I told you already I'm a work in progress.;)

May be we can all chip in a buy you some. You can get qty 60 rings for $19.99 on-line!  ?

Bulk Canning Bands - Regular Mouth

SKU: 1213830

In Stock  $19.99

BENEFITS OF BUYING CANNING BANDS IN BULK

Never run short on canning bands again! Buy in bulk, save money and have plenty of bands on hand when you need them.

Use on any standard canning jars

60 bands per pack

USA made

16 hours ago, chaffmj said:

We had beef tenderloin for Xmas dinner done on the 22" inch weber. Sorry about the fuzzy picture I need to get a new phone.

xmas18_beef tenderloin.jpg

UFFDA.........dat looks awesome. i need to keep that in mind. i would assume indirect heat.........how big was that baby? how long did ya cook it? love da color!!!!!!!

I found a deal on a whole leg of lamb for Christmas dinner.  This was my first time preparing a whole leg but it turned out fantastic.  

I looked at various methods and sort of combined the pieces I liked from each one.  I started by trimming off the fat which was non typical from most methods I read about.  Then I put it into a liquid brine for 3 hours which is also not typical.  After the liquid brine I dried it and then did a thyme, rosemary, garlic rub and let it sit until it had to go into the oven. 

Cooked it at 350 degrees for about an hour and a half to an hour and 3/4 and then raised the temp to 375 to help crisp up the outside.  Once the oven hit 375 I dropped the temp as low as my oven would go and let it hold in the warm oven until 30 minutes before dinner.  30 minutes before dinner I pulled it to let it rest and then I carved it right as people were sitting down to the table.  

48406805_10217453166424160_7504272034730344448_n.jpg

48423536_10217453166064151_2914176567791845376_n.jpg

48991466_10217453165864146_8607927361054179328_n.jpg

9 hours ago, smurfy said:

UFFDA.........dat looks awesome. i need to keep that in mind. i would assume indirect heat.........how big was that baby? how long did ya cook it? love da color!!!!!!!

It was 3.5 lbs. Yes, indirect heat with coals on both sides and the meat down the middle. It was on the grill for roughly forty minutes and flipped once at the halfway mark. Real easy to do. 

48 minutes ago, chaffmj said:

Yes, indirect heat with coals on both sides and the meat down the middle. Real easy to do. 

Easy - if you remember that set up.  I remember you cooking that way now that you mention it.  Something I wish I woulda remembered 100 times since then. ?