• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just Food and Drink

On 9/10/2018 at 8:29 PM, smurfy said:

My wife uses tartar sauce, I wouldn't ruin MY fish with that dump.

My wife does the same thing when I cook fish. I won’t put tartar sauce on fish or steak sauce on steak. Sometimes I think she eats fish only to eat the tartar sauce

3 hours ago, tacklejunkie said:

My wife does the same thing when I cook fish. I won’t put tartar sauce on fish or steak sauce on steak. Sometimes I think she eats fish only to eat the tartar sauce

Yep same here. Or drown out the taste of perfectly good fish ?

4 hours ago, tacklejunkie said:

+1

For the steak, if I order one in a restaurant and get asked if I want steak sauce, my usual reply is “l hope not!”

1 hour ago, chaffmj said:

Wow you knifed them.  Did you have to jump out of the boat to do that or did you jump in from shore and swim out? :D

Neither.  I picked up the stringer they were on and attacked them.  To be more detailed I whacked them with a piece of firewood before giving them the blade.   

Edited by delcecchi

4 hours ago, delcecchi said:

Personally I do like a little tartar sauce with fish, even Quetico Walleye or Lake Trout that were swimming until they met me and my knife.

A few pickles and some rice a roni or boiled potatoes makes it complete. 

Personally, a little Alpine touch seasoning or lemon pepper with my homemade horseradish is my preferred method.

I’ve always gotten a kick out of folks who fillet their fish, dredge them in egg, coat them in a flower mixture, cover them in some type of breadcrumb, fry them in some type of oil and that is all OK.  But, put a little tarter sauce on and suddenly it no longer taste like fish.  :crazy:

To me, it’s no different than putting Ketchup on a hamburger.