• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just Food and Drink

2 hours ago, PurpleFloyd said:

Pictures or it didn't happen.?

yep..........its what i say!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes::P

1 hour ago, Mike89 said:

as most here know I don't have a camera or a smart phone.. yet anyway!!  then I'll have to learn how use them!!  LOL!!

well spend some of dat moldy cash!!!!!!!!!!:P:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

He's probably saving up for new canning jar rings!  ?

Oh what a comedian.?? just so ya know outta the 40 or so jars I have a 100% seal rate.:P oh wait add the 23 jars of pickles I did earlier.

Edited by smurfy

44 minutes ago, smurfy said:

Oh what a comedian.?? just so ya know outta the 40 or so jars I have a 100% seal rate.:P oh wait add the 23 jars of pickles I did earlier.

Um, go back and read it again.  You said, well spend some of dat moldy cash!!!!!!!!!!  That was for Mike89 not you silly! ?

7 minutes ago, bobberineyes said:

Wow, great work PF. Tiring for sure, how did the backboard turn out? That's on my list this upcoming cold smoking season.

It's not bad but I don't think it's as good as the bacon. I think I maybe had too much of the fat trimmed off. It's more like Canadian bacon. 

IMG_20180819_112405147_LL.jpg

IMG_20180819_125919439_LL.jpg

I did this with a friend. I actually think it was what is called back bacon not buckboard as he cut it out of the rear loin instead of the shoulder. IMHO it tastes really good. Like a ham of sorts. If it goes over well then I'll do a batch from the shoulder and I think the extra fat content will work better.

I used a bacon mix from Walton's that I ordered. 

On 8/14/2018 at 6:51 AM, Mike89 said:

as most here know I don't have a camera or a smart phone.. yet anyway!!  then I'll have to learn how use them!!  LOL!!

Can someone please send this guy an old 2 MP digital camera? I know someone must have one laying around.....?