• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. 😀

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

eyeguy 54

Just Food and Drink

17 minutes ago, PurpleFloyd said:

Pictures or it didn't happen.😁

as most here know I don't have a camera or a smart phone.. yet anyway!!  then I'll have to learn how use them!!  LOL!!

2 hours ago, PurpleFloyd said:

Pictures or it didn't happen.😁

yep..........its what i say!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes::P

1 hour ago, Mike89 said:

as most here know I don't have a camera or a smart phone.. yet anyway!!  then I'll have to learn how use them!!  LOL!!

well spend some of dat moldy cash!!!!!!!!!!:P:rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, smurfy said:

yep..........its what i say!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes::P

I do and it's just not on dem things yet!!!:):P

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, smurfy said:

He's probably saving up for new canning jar rings!  😝

Edited by leech~~

1 minute ago, leech~~ said:

I won't buy him any them!!!!  he can use his rusty ones!!!!   :P

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

Oh what a comedian.🤣🤣 just so ya know outta the 40 or so jars I have a 100% seal rate.:P oh wait add the 23 jars of pickles I did earlier.

Edited by smurfy

44 minutes ago, smurfy said:

Oh what a comedian.🤣🤣 just so ya know outta the 40 or so jars I have a 100% seal rate.:P oh wait add the 23 jars of pickles I did earlier.

Um, go back and read it again.  You said, well spend some of dat moldy cash!!!!!!!!!!  That was for Mike89 not you silly! 🙄

22 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Um, go back and read it again.  You said, well spend some of dat moldy cash!!!!!!!!!!  That was for Mike89 not you silly! 🙄

Yea well ya implicated me!

10 hours ago, Mike89 said:

Smart man. But obviously it didn't happen then. 😁

On 8/11/2018 at 10:13 PM, Duffman said:

20180811_201153.jpg

Saw this and thought about the one you did.  I may have to try that soon.  🙂

7 minutes ago, bobberineyes said:

Wow, great work PF. Tiring for sure, how did the backboard turn out? That's on my list this upcoming cold smoking season.

It's not bad but I don't think it's as good as the bacon. I think I maybe had too much of the fat trimmed off. It's more like Canadian bacon. 

IMG_20180819_112405147_LL.jpg

IMG_20180819_125919439_LL.jpg

Still it  looks great. I've gathered that about buckboard being like CB but just a little different.  What kind of rub, wet or dry you try? Us guys need to know cuz it looks fabulous!

I did this with a friend. I actually think it was what is called back bacon not buckboard as he cut it out of the rear loin instead of the shoulder. IMHO it tastes really good. Like a ham of sorts. If it goes over well then I'll do a batch from the shoulder and I think the extra fat content will work better.

I used a bacon mix from Walton's that I ordered. 

On 8/14/2018 at 6:51 AM, Mike89 said:

Can someone please send this guy an old 2 MP digital camera? I know someone must have one laying around.....😁

28 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

Can someone please send this guy an old 2 MP digital camera? I know someone must have one laying around.....😁

dat funny!!  now settle down I will get there some day!!!:)

35 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

dat funny!!  now settle down I will get there some day!!!:)

Samsung j3 smartphone for 99 bucks