Jump to content
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

    You know what we all love...

    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

eyeguy 54

Just Food and Drink

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

I decided to have the breakfast of champions this morning.....

 

spam1.jpg

spam2.jpg

spam3.jpg

catfish flavor?????????????????:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

like that stuff better off the grill....

 

Well, I don't have that kind of time in the morning so pan fried will have to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big Dave2 said:

 

Well, I don't have that kind of time in the morning so pan fried will have to do.

I just make it ahead, then I have left overs... only one here so that makes it easier for me too....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Grainbelt said:

Diced spam fried up then add the eggs and scramble up is a fish house morning favorite for us.

 

Ooooooh this sounds good. Add some diced peppers and onions and you might have something......:)

6 hours ago, Cooperman said:

 

 

Yah, then wash it down with a High Life

 

Ummmm, maybe a Grain Belt instead. I had some iced tea in the picture.

8 hours ago, Notime said:

Only missing the toast, hot sauce and ketchup! Good stuff Manerd!

 

Hot sauce, yes but no ketchup! I try to avoid the toast for carbohydrate reasons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2018 at 2:36 PM, Grainbelt said:

Diced spam fried up then add the eggs and scramble up is a fish house morning favorite for us.

 

Took your advice with the left over spam this morning....

 

spam and eggs.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:48 PM, Big Dave2 said:

 I try to avoid the toast for carbohydrate reasons.

 

So, 27g total Fat, 1369 mg of Sodium and 70 mg of Cholesterol are the healthy part? :crazy:  Not on your Life Dave!  ;)

 

Nutritional Information for Original Spam

Net weight per package: 340 grams (12 oz.)

Serving size: 100g

Quantity per 100g

Energy1,300 kJ (310 Calories or kilocalories)

Protein13g (26% Daily Value or DV)

Total Fat27g (41% DV)

  – saturated fat10g (49% DV)

Carbohydrates3g (1% DV)

Sodium1369 mg (57% DV)

Cholesterol70 mg (23% DV)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess Purple doesn't know that carbs are a problem for some people.    

 

Probably also missed Atkins, Paleo, and several others...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

 

So, 27g total Fat, 1369 mg of Sodium and 70 mg of Cholesterol are the healthy part? :crazy:  Not on your Life Dave!  ;)

 

Nutritional Information for Original Spam

Net weight per package: 340 grams (12 oz.)

Serving size: 100g

Quantity per 100g

Energy1,300 kJ (310 Calories or kilocalories)

Protein13g (26% Daily Value or DV)

Total Fat27g (41% DV)

  – saturated fat10g (49% DV)

Carbohydrates3g (1% DV)

Sodium1369 mg (57% DV)

Cholesterol70 mg (23% DV)

 

 

You don't know much about diabetes and low carb diets do ya?;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big Dave2 said:

 

You don't know much about diabetes and low carb diets do ya?;)

 

Nope not yet. And if I stay on a low Fat, Sodium & Cholesterol diet I hope I never have to know. Good luck on yours. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, leech~~ said:

 

Nope not yet. And if I stay on a low Fat, Sodium & Cholesterol diet I hope I never have to know. 

 

 

Not if you don't also limit carbohydrates. ;)

 

2 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Good luck on yours. :)

 

Thanks but it's not luck I need, it's willpower. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, delcecchi said:

I guess Purple doesn't know that carbs are a problem for some people.    

 

Probably also missed Atkins, Paleo, and several others...  

Are you on drugs? What are you even referring to? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, PurpleFloyd said:

Are you on drugs? What are you even referring to? 

 

These diet type thingys. :confused:

I'm thinking Soylent Green must fit in the Atkins diet? :P

Paleo_vs_Atkins_vs_Ketogenic_Diet_1.png

e74cea6c90ba9291fa074c6f195cd249.jpg

Edited by leech~~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, PurpleFloyd said:

Are you on drugs? What are you even referring to? 

The fact that dave and others need to or choose to avoid carbs, either because they have diabetes or other medical conditions, or because they no longer accept the prevailing, but evolving, idea that a high carb diet is best.  

 

There are a number of eating styles that emphasize low or reduced consumption of carbohydrates.   Atkins and Paleo are two such eating styles.   Gary Taubs has written a couple of books that delve into the issue.   "good calories, bad calories" is a good start. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×