• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Last Weekend of Season

Well, the last hours of pheasant hunting are upon us and with the Mille Lacs tournament being cancelled, I think I might have to go out and work on getting my first bird. I just started hunting this fall and haven’t had a chance to fire my gun anywhere but the gun range. I hope to change all that this weekend. Does anyone have any tips on where to hunt?? Anyone else going out this weekend?? I was thinking Danvers maybe.

well there is some birds in the danvers slough but i dont know if u can get to them because last weekend i was home and the snow was so crunchy and the birds were really wild and the sloughs werent frozen enough. but if u wanna get wet u might get a rooster. goodluck

Seabass, I'm totally depressed about the MilleLacs tourney. I have also decided to ditch the fish and go with the birds. E-mail me if you are interested in blowing some holes in the sky on Sun. I know that part of the state very well.

Paul

[email protected]

Paul,
Thanks for the invite...unfortunately, I didn't get it until today. I hope that you had some luck. I didn't fair so well, I only saw one bird and the sloughs were not frozen enough to walk on. There's always next year. I look forward to meeting you at one of the other tournaments. Will you be fishing any of them??

Joe (Seabass)

Seabass,

I called out there and talked with some of my cousins and they told me about the slough conditions. As I'm trying to shake a nasty cold decided to forgo it. Sounds like I didn' miss much frown.gif

We'll definately have to set something up for next year.

I will be at the rest of the tourneys. I'm helping Gullguide out wth weigh-ins etc. Just got off of the phone with Roger's on Upper Red about a sleeper house smile.gif Bring on those "slab" crappies grin.gif

Will you be on Winni?