• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Honda 25 hp(normal?)

snowfighter

Bought a 2007 Honda 25 (carbed) Change all the fluids and plugs fresh gas, took it out for a trial run. Set handle to start, started good, after a little warm up run around the lake slowing, trolling, reverse, etc. After 1/2 hour and no problems went in to put it on the trailer, shut down motor got trailer ready, but when I put handle on start again it would fire once and kick out. So after about 6 try's I advanced the throttle just slightly and it started and ran, shut off and tried again on start same thing so repeated the throttle advance started again. I maybe just use to fuel injection I had before or is this a sign of something not right?

My past experience with carbed motors would say that after 1/2 hour it would need choke or a little fast idle or both. It has pretty well cooled down by then.
I may of not stated clear. I ran it for a half hour on the lake so it was warmed up, it only sat couple minutes before trying to start motor to load up, so was still warm. Cold it started with throttle on start but warm it wouldn't until I advanced throttle. I maybe just use to fuel injection.

I'm no mechanic but have spent too much time fishing in my life. Past experience of years gone by would suggest to me that every motor of that age needs it's own "special" touch. Treat it like it wants too be treated and you should be good to go.

snofighter when its sitting running and full throttle is applies>>Does it bog down or hesitate?
Didn't try that much, I know when it was first started up it would do a little of that(cold) but when I was running on the lake for 1/2 hour it seemed the response was ok when stopping an starting different times. I didn't jump on it but gave pretty good throttle. What are you looking at for problem if it was hesitating?

If it starts fine advancing the throttle, why worry? As stated,all engines really do have their little "quirks" as to starting, especially 2 strokes. I have to hit the prime/start button on my electric start engine twice, with throttle partly open, or no go. Just the way it likes it. I'd suggest you just go with it, as long as it starts and runs fine.

If it starts fine advancing the throttle, why worry? As stated,all engines really do have their little "quirks" as to starting, especially 2 strokes. I have to hit the prime/start button on my electric start engine twice, with throttle partly open, or no go. Just the way it likes it. I'd suggest you just go with it, as long as it starts and runs fine.
I can live with it, was just checking to head of something happening on the lake. This is the 3rd Honda I have had through the years, had a 50 and 90 both had chokes this one has the electric enrichment system so was just wondering about it.