• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
ECP1989

Replacing Impellar

I'm replacing the Impellar on my 2005 Mercury 25 horse. What gear does the motor need to be in when I remove the lower unit? I'm assuming neutral but want to be sure.

Thanks

I just replaced ours. I only went 200 yards on the first run of the season before engine temp got to 250. I immediately shut it down and trolled back with front mount trolling motor.

Here's the lesson, the impeller lost most of it's paddles. Those paddles go somewhere. I'm about to find out where since it appears as if I blew a head when the engine temp got to 250.

I'm posting this so you don't go through the same thing. If you can, be sure to check for those paddles. I run an IO so it could be more complicated for my situation, but wanted to remind in case it could save you the same trouble I'm going through. Sometimes it pays to get it done by a shop.