• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2 motion sesors for one light?

overdalimit

I have an area that is in the back of our place by the driveway and it is very dark back there. The walkway is perpendicular to the back of the cabin and then then you turn right and walk up the ramp (which is paralell to the back of the cabin) to the porch. Would like 2 motion sensors, to ensure coverage, of both the ramp and the walkway with one light fixture...is this possible? I intend to use a double bulb floodlight fixture. Is one brand better than the others?

Very doable.

Not much different than multiple light switches for the same light inside your home just wired a little different.

Wire them in parrellel so that either one will turn the lights on, but both have to be off in order for the lights to be off.

Of course the standard disclaimers apply... seek the help of a professional electrician who has seen your application before running off and doing this yourself, unless you know what you are doing and are willing to accept the risks of doing it yourself.

Let us know if you figure this out. I have been thinking about the same thing, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to do it. When I control a single light with 2 switches in my house, it takes a special 3-way switch. Or maybe a motion detector operates completely differently than a switch. It's all very confusing to me!!

I cheaped out and bought the "better" one from the M box store. Covers 240 deg. If that doesn't work I will mount another one on the shed aiming the other way. I'll just tell folks to wave their arms as the approach to trigger light. LOL! Funny I saw "Good" and "Better" but when I asked the guy if they carry "Best" he smiled and said they don't carry the "Best".