• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild vs Blackhawks

fishersofmen

We averaged more goals than Chicago this year. We are better defensively than Chicago. They are slightly better on the power play but not great by any means. We have the #1 penalty kill. We have better goaltending. We are deeper overall talent wise. How can we possibly lose to them this year? whistle

Wild in 6.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always cringe when playing the Hawks. These guys have been there, done that for several years so regardless of how much better the Wild are now, I don't think this will be an easy series for either team.

I have a feeling that we may see Haula make an appearance and perhaps Shroeder. Its crazy the depth of guys who have played meaningful minutes and they are healthy scratches right now. What a big change from last year or even 2 years ago when Backstrom goes down in warmups of game 1!

You have to remember that Bickel and Hossa just seem to have our number. Those guys kill us every time we play.

Kane was really only a factor with that fluke game winner in game 6 last year if memory serves, but we need a guy to outmuscle Bickel -- Stewart?

I think we can take them out this year, we almost did it last year if not for a heck of series by Crawford and a bad bounce in OT. Their goalies look a little suspect this year and their D and not as deep as the past. I think their 3rd pair is pretty vulnerable. Up front I think they are like the Blues we are both deep but they have a little more skill. However Hossa and Sharp are starting to age a bit and our young guns are stepping up in the post season so its pretty even.

Hoping the guys can just savor it for a day or two. What a fun way to start the playoffs. Then back to work tomorrow!

I still see Chicago as roughly the same talent we played each of the last 2 seasons. First year we were completely inexperienced (like Winnipeg this year). Last year we had the experience but weren't quite at their skill level. This year with Dubs and another year for the younger guys, I feel like this is a level playing field. Can't give the Wild an advantage given their level of past playoff success.

Gonna have to out hustle and outplay them. Chicago really had to grind out some of those OT games, but that may actually work in their favor given the rest period. Should be a blast to watch!

Detroit busting my bracket is a small price to pay to get to the 2nd round a little earlier, lets kick this thing off asap. Might be a Wed game if they win tonight, otherwise maybe Thursday.

^^^Ahhh, the ice crew^^^

In other news the NHL finally posted the round 2 schedule for this series. Outside of the Thursday late start it looks good:

Friday, May 1, Minnesota at Chicago, 8:30 p.m.

Sunday, May 3, Minnesota at Chicago, 7:30 p.m.

Tuesday, May 5, Chicago at Minnesota, 7 p.m.

Thursday, May 7, Chicago at Minnesota, 8:30 p.m.

*Saturday, May 9, Minnesota at Chicago, TBD

*Monday, May 11, Chicago at Minnesota, TBD

*Wednesday, May 13, Minnesota at Chicago, TBD

The guy that was selling those T Shirts was at Tom Reid's Sunday morning before the game. That goofball from Fox9 was going around interviewing everyone taking part in the "free breakfast" and he comes to this tool.

It was an uncomfortable moment because all he said was "Im selling the smokin' dubies t-shirts" and then the reporter moved on.

I don't really follow pro hockey that closely, but being the wild is a mn pro team, do they REALLY stand a chance in this tourney or will the mn curse hit them?

50/50 - We are a legitimate contender right now and we just beat a really good team but it's only one round and there are a pile of other good teams in our way. The Hawks series is a coin flip and too close to call. I have a good feeling about this team and this could be the year we make some noise or just another heartbreaker to add to the list.

Yep, I expect a stronger performance on D tomorrow, Dubs need to get that 4th goal for sure but we also had a lot of chances to tie it and didn't get it done. I will say that it was a crazy fast game, everyone was flying out there.

I'm not that much of a hockey fan myself but I thought hockey was supposed to be a big deal in this state? If so, why was I unable to watch that first game Friday night? I don't subscribe to everything cable has to offer but I do have cable TV which includes all the local twin cities stations and several dedicated sports stations but no Wild playoff hockey game. I probably get 60-80 channels, if a second round playoff game against a regional rival isn't on one of those it can't be that big of a deal.

Well there is your answer Big Dave, you are not a real big hockey fan! Tonight's game can be found on NBCSN or CBC or SN360 or TVA2 it is on the radio and I would be willing to bet it will be on in every bar and tavern TV in MN I know it is here and I live in the sticks. Just saying you are not looking hard enough if you are really looking to watch the games.

I agree with Big Dave! Not one of those channels are part of my dish package. I am not happy.

If the NHL wants to grow its brand they need thier nationally televised games on channels that people dont have to spend $90 a month to get. No reason NBC can't carry on local stations instead of solely on a new specialty sports network. I will just listen on the radio I guess.

poor choice by the NHL and NBC in my opinion.