• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Froth pack

Twin bunks

I have a question for builders.... Is the red striped froth pack 650 kit what a guy needs for a 6.5 x 16 V wheelhouse w/ insulating floor, roof, and walls? I figured maybe I could save product w/ 1st using rigid foam on the floor and just sealing floor then w/ spray foam but maybe this kit gives plenty of product anyway.

I'm just finishing the trailer build and have really appreciated this forum for info on different builds. Lip ripper thanks! and the rest Alex area.

There were threads in "froth pack" search I just did but I didn't find the reference to the use of froth pack during a particular icehouse build. I recall a build author being impressed w/ the froth pack during a build but I don't find it again. someone had hoped to mentor his technique on the next build but I can't find that.

There were threads in "froth pack" search I just did but I didn't find the reference to the use of froth pack u

The froth pak 650 makes 650 board feet of foam. The area of wheelhouse is about 100 square feet for the floor, 100 for the roof, 128 for each side, and 50 for each end (ignoring the fact that the front is a V instead of flat). That totals about 550 square feet, or a little less with the V.

So the 650 would let you have about 1.2 inches of foam over the area, about R7.

That is a "back of the envelope calculation". Hope I did it right, and that it was of some use. I was curious myself.

Thanks del. I bought the Froth-Pak 620 from big box store yesterday w/. 11%off. They only had the "sealant spray foam" (green stripe) vs "insulation spray foam" (red stripe). Difference appears to be in fire retardant.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.