• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Green Mountain Grill and Honda genny

Ok after a lot of thought I think I came up with the right combo of grill and generator. I do need a Honda or Yamaha generator so this helps me rationalize it. I want to buy a Green Mountain Grill Daniel Boone pellet grill. (First heard of them here). I have a boat hitch on the back of the 5th wheel so will make a platform to haul the grill with us. They do make a smaller one that is AC-DC but I am afraid it is not big enough for deck use all year round. Of course you need 110 to operate a pellet grill so that is where the genny comes in. I can also charge the batteries while smoking ribs beside the camper. It took awhile but I have the wife excited about it now. SO does anyone have a GMG that can give me some pros or cons before I make the big purchase? Should have put this on the camping site too I guess....

Wife and I have a Yoder YS640 pellet grill for just over 3 years that we are very happy with, we have no experience with any other brand of pellet grill to compare it to though.

We have run or pellet grill with a Honda EU2000i generator with no issues and have heard from others that just a battery and an inverter provide plenty of power for a pellet grill to operate also. The most power required for a pellet grill is start up for both the fans and hot rod to ignite the pellets. After the grill is fired up the only power required is for the fan which takes very little power.

Stage 1 is almost accomplished. My GMG Daniel Boone will be delivered tomorrow morning. It has the remote control on it. It is all they had in stock so that is what I ordered. I have been watching the youtubes on cooking with it. I am pumped. Am healing up from shoulder surgery and am bored stiff. Will be something to keep me occupied.

food takes longer to cook on a pellet grill compared to a gas grill or charcoal. I used to be able to crank out boneless skinless chicken breasts in about 20 minutes before I switched to my GMG, it now takes closer to 35 minutes. the taste is way better and well worth the extra time. It was just something I had to adjust to