• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I think because of this back and forth cold weather this has been one of the worst years I have ever had. Fungus needs some warm damp ground to get going. We have the damp but 42 degrees this morning is not helping. frown

I'm sure it varies by location, but my best years ever are ones like this. It seems that with each cold spell followed by warm weather, a new crop of morels sprouts. I remember a year where we had a very cold spell at the end of May. Then we got some rain and warm weather and I was picking tons of fresh morels into the middle of June. Everyone else had given up thinking the season was over.

I hope your luck changes, but I'm sure loving this weather!! grin

I found about 20 or so yellows near St. Cloud yesterday evening. South facing slope with a western exposure to the sun.

Nels

Time to start heading north I think. I found one in my Mother-in-laws garden in Brainerd on Sat.

Found some nice fresh ones last night. I also picked some that I found a week and a half ago that were still in great shape, but obviously much bigger. In my opinion we are reaching the peak of the season here in the south metro. On the south slopes they are just starting to get kind of old. On the north slopes they are still sprouting and are in great shape.

Still a minimum of a week of great hunting left, Leech, don't give up! I'm still finding fresh grays! If we don't get any hot, windy days I'd bet we've got two weeks left. This weather is our friend!

Still a minimum of a week of great hunting left, Leech, don't give up! I'm still finding fresh grays! If we don't get any hot, windy days I'd bet we've got two weeks left. This weather is our friend!

It's over, over I just can't go on living!! cry

The top is a falsey, these are normals, some were half's but connected all the way down the stem. I'll have to get them from my parents, left them there to be dehydrated.......hopefully I still have some when I get there smile

Can't believe you are still finding the "Blacks" up there (Cass County for me). I left on the 15th (had to come home for a wedding) and I thought they were tailing off then (many ripe ones). Gives me hope then when I go back up this weekend to find some late ones. Usually, depending on the weather, the Blacks for me only last  7-10 days. I think with all the cold and late rain, things are not normal this year. Oysters should be doing it too now?

Edited by Trashguy

Lol....probably how Swampy's state of mind normally sees things.

Durn things are so impatient they can't sit still long enough for a decent photo...couldn't wait to get in the frying pan.

Found 4 nice ones right in my yard when I was mowing grass this morning.

Can't believe you are still finding the "Blacks" up there (Cass County for me). I left on the 15th (had to come home for a wedding) and I thought they were tailing off then (many ripe ones). Gives me hope then when I go back up this weekend to find some late ones. Usually, depending on the weather, the Blacks for me only last  7-10 days. I think with all the cold and late rain, things are not normal this year. Oysters should be doing it too now?

​I found 40 nice fresh black morels last night in Hubbard County.  I found a lot of tipped over ones also, but the fresh ones give me hope for one last pick this weekend!  Oysters were everywhere, nice small ones in perfect shape.