• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nice finds and pics Herky. I found some this weekend just South of the metro, but they were tiny (about pinky sized). Not sure if my spot is behind or if others are just reporting on "early spots". Either way - great to see people's reports! I would expect this week to be pretty decent.

One hour of checking after work today.

Found a couple all dried out already. Also just about soiled myself when I walked right up to a turkey nesting while I was eyes down for shrooms. Loud, large, in my face flush. full-178-55648-img_20150511_194717829~2.

full-178-55649-img_20150511_182422181.jp

full-178-55650-img_20150511_181804649.jp

Found a few Northwest of Bemidji on Saturday. Took awhile to find them and they all were in one location. Couldn't find them anywhere else and it wasn't from lack of trying. It will hopefully only get better. We found plenty of ticks as well!!

full-14614-55655-img_2254.jpg

Made it out for about an hour after work last night and stumbled onto a really nice patch. They were all clean and in terrific shape. There are a few more spots that I just know will produce yet this year! The next week is going to be good, I think. Unfortunately, this weekend is mostly taken up by a wedding I'm in on Saturday and a birthday party on Sunday. Then I leave for Canada on Thursday to go fishing. Too much going on in May!!

full-28108-55700-morels2015.jpg

It has been a good year so far. I was down in SE MN and found some nice fresh grays on the north and east slopes. As I made my way around to the south slopes, I found older yellows that were past prime. I also found a huge patch of nice, fresh oysters. And, at the same time, my dad was picking like crazy in the metro finding perfect yellows and grays.

This cold, damp weather will be good for the season. My last hunt will likely be tomorrow before I leave for Canada Thursday morning. I'm picking for the neighbors now as I have more than I can eat.

Good luck out there, it's prime time now!

This cold, damp weather will be good for the season.

I think because of this back and forth cold weather this has been one of the worst years I have ever had. Fungus needs some warm damp ground to get going. We have the damp but 42 degrees this morning is not helping. frown