• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NHL Playoffs 2014-15

bbfenatic

Blues eh, well if we are to be a serious cup threat you know the road always went through St. Louis, Chicago or both of them, might as well get started early.

Have to give us an advantage in net, other than that the Blues are just as deep as us all over the ice and I think you have to give them bit of an advantage in the high end skill department.

If the Wild get past the Blues, then I like them coming out of the West. The East, the Rangers are going to be tough, but when was the last time the team with the most pts at the end of the regular season won it all? So, I am going to pick the Sens. :-)

A Wild/Sen Cup Final. All the story lines there would be awesome, but TV ratings would suck except in MN and Ottawa so the NHL will probably rig it so that could never happen.

Any kind of bracket we can get going bear?

Maybe this? You could win a couple tickets to the NHL awards show in vegas.

http://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/?locale=en&intcmpid=bc2015-reg-tv#/picks?entry_id=mine

No way I could see to setup a group but we could all submit one and see who ends up with the best score.

Still don't like it, plus what about home ice? Chicago is on the road when they could be playing at home, migth be others as well. What about the standing with a 3 point system? At least with old system all the games gave otu the same number of points, now that number is all over the place.

Still don't like it, plus what about home ice? Chicago is on the road when they could be playing at home, migth be others as well. What about the standing with a 3 point system? At least with old system all the games gave otu the same number of points, now that number is all over the place.
Agreed, I have been a proponent of the 3-2-1 system not what BB has for a standings.

Pandora's Box...my bad...should not have opened it eek ....but it is what it is....until it is changed...but that ain't happening in the foreseeable future...cuz it is working for the good of the majority involved...fans...players...owners...or at least anyone who matters cool

Quote:
cuz it is working for the good of the majority involved...fans...players...owners...or at least anyone who matters cool

If fans players coaches had a vote or so it would be changed ASAP.

Yeah the 3 point system is much better obviously. Thats why the CCHA swithed to it after 1 year of using the current flawed NHL system.

Ill take the Ducks as long as a few of you have the Blues so far.

And what the heck Canada is over due for a cup so ill take the Canadians to win it all.

Go Wild!

If fans players coaches had a vote or so it would be changed ASAP.

Yeah the 3 point system is much better obviously. Thats why the CCHA swithed to it after 1 year of using the current flawed NHL system.

Ill take the Ducks as long as a few of you have the Blues so far.

And what the heck Canada is over due for a cup so ill take the Canadians to win it all.

Go Wild!

LOL...hahaha...the CCHA...sorry that league is DEFUNCT...OUT OF BUSINESS...KAPOOT since the 2013 season....I could say something not so nice here but I'll just say you try hard and are a really funny guy and leave it at that.

The fans vote by increased attendance, the coaches talk to management and the players support it via the NHLPA...who loves the increased attendance that leads to increased salaries. I laugh when I picture a little geek in the corner who knows nothing about hockey, nothing about how to run a business, and nothing about how to attract the fickle fan saying...tomorrow the NHL is going to change they way points are awarded and boom...the change is installed.....not! Like I said before...these kind of changes don't happen overnight, are talked about well ahead of time by people that know what they are doing and are not taken lightly. Not saying it won't change again to something different but not anytime soon....it's working.

Like your Canadians pick Pier...they are not getting the cred they deserve by the talking heads recently.

Pandora's Box...my bad...should not have opened it eek ....but it is what it is....until it is changed...but that ain't happening in the foreseeable future...cuz it is working for the good of the majority involved...fans...players...owners...or at least anyone who matters cool

With the long wait until Thursday we might as well talk about something to kill the time. Hopefully the time off is good for us and not like that last little break we had when we came out flat.

As for that other stuff I think the fans just want to see the standings reflect the play of the game instead of critical shootout points that could cost a team a spot in the playoffs. Of all the sports the NHL is the slowest to act on anything, ya maybe they have their reasons but if something doesn't sit right or is going to eventually lead to problems lets fix it.

As for that other stuff I think the fans just want to see the standings reflect the play of the game instead of critical shootout points that could cost a team a spot in the playoffs. Of all the sports the NHL is the slowest to act on anything, ya maybe they have their reasons but if something doesn't sit right or is going to eventually lead to problems lets fix it.

Precisely! BB talks about "someone knowing nothing about hockey" making these decisions yet, the shootout was NEVER part of the game until recently and it certainly should not be a deciding factor in a game.

It would be like ending a basketball game with a slam dunk contest. Ridiculous. Yeah, its fun to watch, but awarding points by it when they are so hard to come by? Not so much.

LOL...hahaha...the CCHA...sorry that league is DEFUNCT...OUT OF BUSINESS...KAPOOT since the 2013 season....I could say something not so nice here but I'll just say you try hard and are a really funny guy and leave it at that.

I'm gotta say Pier is spot on here. CCHA was the first to institute the 3 point system. We're all aware (Pier included) about the CCHA disbanding with the college hockey shake up.

USCHO article - CCHA / shootout / 3 pt system

I'll say whoever wins the series between the Wild and Blues wins the West. Hoping the Wild, but leaning the other way. Out east I'm going way out on a limb and saying Caps.

Precisely! BB talks about "someone knowing nothing about hockey" making these decisions yet, the shootout was NEVER part of the game until recently and it certainly should not be a deciding factor in a game.

CM.....we are getting used to your twisting what people actually say and quite frankly have come to expect it and here you go again. Go back and read my recent post...nothing said about a shootout is there?.....then go back about a month or so and read my posts where I agree that the shootout is gimicky....and maybe you did not catch it...or you are just twisting again... but I said that hockey decisions are made by people who do have knowledge of the game not vice versa....if you need help reading or understanding my posts just PM me, thanks blush

CM.....we are getting used to your twisting what people actually say and quite frankly have come to expect it and here you go again. Go back and read my recent post...nothing said about a shootout is there?.....then go back about a month or so and read my posts where I agree that the shootout is gimicky....and maybe you did not catch it...or you are just twisting again... but I said that hockey decisions are made by people who do have knowledge of the game not vice versa....if you need help reading or understanding my posts just PM me, thanks blush

BB, I wasn't attempting to twist anything, honestly, I misread what you were saying. I missed the "not" you had put at the end of the sarcastic rant... At the same time these guys that "know what they are doing" implemented the stinking shootout for cripes sake. So which is it do they know hockey or is it gimmicky like some pimple faced geek sitting by a computer? I think the latter.

If you are not talking about shootouts then where in the heck did the "loser pt" piece of your initial diatribe come from? We all know what you were getting at. BTW, you brought this back up. LOL