• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wild vs Blues

fishersofmen

I see Dubs bouncing back huge for us tonight. He is as mentally tough as any goalie we've had in a Wild uniform, so I see that toughness return tonight.

Wild in 7 with road teams winning here on out.

It's kinda looking that way, we have two strikes against us Sunday, early afternoon game and in our rink.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Solbes, great call on Dubs. He played awesome last night, that one pad save was sick! Brodin and Fontaine seem to be struggling a little right now. Brodin seems to have trouble controlling the puck in the D zone and Fontaine has been all but invisible.

Was it just me or was the officiating a little one sided last night? There was minimun 4-5 plays in which Wild should have been on the PP (Otts headlock, Ott instigating and throwing punches at Stewart, the slashing on Zucker, etc). Not to mention the 2 icings that were called when Wild players 100%, no question about it, would've been the first ones on the puck. I probably have blinders on and don't notice some of the things the Wild were doing, but they seemed to get called when the Blues didn't.

I thought it was a good game from the Wild, Nice to see Coyle light the lamp and Koivu click on the power play. Dubnyk was big in the net and they as a team played much better then they did in the blow out loss. I don't see how playing a 2 o'clock game at home is a bad thing when you are up by one game and need but one more win to close out the series. Those who follow hockey have pretty much all called this a 6 or 7 game series and that looks to be true. Way I look at it I have at least two more games to watch and hopefully even more!

Well I'm done trying to make predictions in this series. Both these teams are a bit bipolar. Cooke played a solid game and had a couple of scoring chances he will definitely be playing again tomorrow. Hope they close this out and I hope Chicago loses tonight too.

Good road win last night, now let's please just make this easy and take care of things tomorrow.

It was nice to get a pp goal last night, but other than that the pp looks awful. Can we stop with that stupid drop pass in the middle of the ice. Everyone and their mother can see it coming and they all end up entering the zone flat footed.

It was great to see Dubnyk come back and play so well after his rough game 4. He has been great at putting games behind him, whether it's good or bad.

Wow Dubs was awesome. St Louis owned us for the first 25 minutes or so. For large stretches of the 3rd as well. He definitely stole us one there. Have to give the second star to the entire line of Koivu-Stewart-Neideiter, those guys were all strong on the puck.

I think we all would like to see an easier path by the team by winning game 6 tomorrow. And 1 game of rest is perfect I would think. But I have my doubts on the Wild taking that course. Come on, lets close it out!

What can you say about Parise, big time players play in big time games. Strong goal tending, a smothering defense and team speed won this series for the Wild.. Great to see Fontaine get the game winner as I have watched him play through his college career. I spent most of the 3rd period watching Charlie Coyle on the big screen and he took care of Tarasenko, you don't have to score to be a big part of a team win. Wild shut down Tarasenko for the game and the Blues lacked scoring punch from their other lines. For the series MN had well-balanced scoring from the forwards and the D add in four power play goals and a short hander in the series makes this an interesting and dangerous team in the playoffs. Four more hockey games at least to watch to get us to the fishing season

Parise deserves one and would be great to see him get one with the Wild....this year!

And Dubnyk is crazy focused, he follows the puck with his eyes better than any goalie I have seen and with a rebound or a carom he does not guess where it might be...he knows exactly where it is 99% of the time.

And Hitchcock will be gone soon IMO, can't believe another Blue's team has a great season with another early exit...good riddance Hitch.

Blues are golfing. ...bring on the Hawks

Heck yes bring em on, 3rd time is the charm and we are much more dangerous than last year! Looking at the Hawks they aren't getting great goaltending right now and don't have the depth on D they have had in the past, ripe for the picking I hope! Just need to slow Kane down because we aren't going to completely stop him.

Parise deserves one and would be great to see him get one with the Wild....this year!

And Dubnyk is crazy focused, he follows the puck with his eyes better than any goalie I have seen and with a rebound or a carom he does not guess where it might be...he knows exactly where it is 99% of the time.

And Hitchcock will be gone soon IMO, can't believe another Blue's team has a great season with another early exit...good riddance Hitch.

Agreed on all accounts. Parise is a player that anyone could cheer for. The guy just flat out works his butt off every night. Some nights things work out, while others they don't, but you never see him take a night off.

I like Hitch and think he is a good coach, but you don't survive getting bounced in the 1st round that many consecutive years especially with the series they had the opposing team dead to rights, but folded.