• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fantasy Help

BIG ISLAND DUDE

As a back up to dante culpepper should I take Joey Harrington or John Kitna?? I keep hearing that carson palmer will start instead of J Kitna but his numbers were so good last year, that do you guys think that he will find his way back in fairly early. I know that Joey has a couple of solid WR$. If any one has any info on J kitna... Help please.

I would go with Joey Harrington. He is the Lions starter and if he does well will remain the starter and has 2 very good receivers to help him out. Carson Palmer would have to fall flat on his face to be replaced by Kitna. This might happen but if Palmer puts up average numbers then he will remain the starter and you won't get anything for drafting Kitna.

Big Island Dude, Don't forget! The lions have the same Bye week as the Vikes in Week 4 I believe. Therefore I wouldn't get Harrington as he isn't going to be playing when you need him.

------------------
Tight Lines,
JP Z

Yeah...check the schedule on the Vikes' bye week. You could take Byron Leftwich (they play the Colts that week), or you could try David Carr (they play the Raiders that week). Those guys could put up decent numbers that week.

I wouldn't not start a player that week instead I'd do something I usually do with Kickers and Defense. Look at the matchup that week and pickup someone just for that week based on the matchup. I like David Carr, just as the previous post suggests. If he's there he'd be good insurance throughout the season.

[This message has been edited by Piker (edited 09-06-2004).]