• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Super Bowl Pic

sunnyj

Last year was proof that its a crapshoot. You just never know anymore. My best guess would be Baltimore vs Philly
You cant bet against the best defensive player of his generation, especially with the backfield help he will soon have. The philly bet is a little hairy, Andy Ried is a great coach that has a great Q.B along with T.O who could help them huge-- or be a team cancer. I would love to say Vikes but they allways break your heart. I dont think I'll ever believe in a team again as much as I did the 98 Vikes--still havent gotten over that Atlanta game.

[This message has been edited by Iron Cowboy (edited 08-26-2004).]

I think I'm on record somewhere out here, so I think this is what I'm picking as of 8/26. Minnesota vs Baltimore with the Vikings winning. I figure since I'm picking the good guys to go to the Super Bowl (Which I don't do every year, just because I'm a rube) I might as well pick them to win. I could also see Philly and New England, but I think those are kind of the consensus picks.

Darkhorses: Atlanta and Denver

NFC North:
MN
GB
Det
Chi

First off, I love the Vikes, and hope they prove me wrong.

I'm going with KC vs NE with Minnesota getting beat in the playoffs.

Sorry, but I cannot support the Vikes fully, I drafted 3 in my FF draft and 2 already have let me down.

Yo Farley, Are you related to Chris Farley???? I ask that because your Super Bowl picks are both from the AFC.... you just can't win with those picks bro. ( :
I'm having a hard time picking... I'd say my final 4 teams are..... drum roll please...
Saints vs Vikes (NFC) and New England vs Baltamore = Baltamore over Vikes in SB. ) :

KC & NE both being AFC teams that would be something...

Sorry guys, somebody had to say it...

Seattle or Philly against Baltimore or NE, would be my guesses, not willing to commit to any more than that.

Oops, yeah, I was kind of pre-occupied while posting, I was checking the specs on the rotary gerter.....

I'll bite into the Philly hype and take them against New England with New England repeating. Vikes will still lose in the playoffs when they try to run the 32 belly option on 2, naturally we jump offsides and lose.

Big Island, That's AWESOME!!!! But in all seriousness I think for the NFC:

Seahawks or Vikes....can't decide but I"m edging towards Vikes.

AFC Colts

Vikes will Win it all

------------------
Tight Lines,
JP Z

bigbucks I agree with you Seahawks or Philly vs ravens or pats...but come on man you gotta give us a decision, not either. What I cant believe is we are 11 posts into this topic and we havent had 100 cheeseheads Yelling THE PACKERS! BRETT FAVRE, HE IS MY GOD! THE PACKERS! PACK-vs-PACK with PACK WINNING! rolleyes.gif

[This message has been edited by Iron Cowboy (edited 08-27-2004).]

I've already answered, but that was on a Vikes Bias.

It's a tough decision. You look at Seattle and if all their Offensive guns come together they will be tough. That and there defense has some great secondary players and the acquisition of Grant Wistrom they should be tough.

Of course the Vikes have the highest scoring offense in the league.......and this year it seems we have a good Defense so that is a possibility.

But there is still Carolina, I believe they are out to prove that last year wasn't a fluke. And they now have proven WR and QB. And their Defense is still tough, with the most dominating Defensive line in the league.

In the AFC you have INDY, KC, BALT, and of Course NE.

Indy, Manning can lead that team with the added weapon of Harrison and Edge. There defense was quite good last year but still it had weaknesses.

KC, was a very good team last year. Problem was their D was horrid. I haven't heard much that they've done in the offseason to stiffen it. And their WR corp is very scary as none of them of really playmakers...........the're in trouble.

Balt, you have the greatest Defensive player in quite a few years so they have potential. But there QB and WR's are lacking. Jamal Lewis can't do it all, and especially with his "other" things he has going on.

NE, they are the frontrunner for the AFC champion as they are melding well. Their Offense has only improved this year with the acquisition of Cory Dillon. I think they have a great chance to repeat.

------------------
Tight Lines,
JP Z

ok, i'll be the first Packer fan to chime in.

jpz, by the vikings being the highest scoring offence what do you mean? 5 teams outscored them last year including the Packers. just curious.

Packers will play the Chiefs!

Packers will win 35-31

otto,

I think I got it from one of my Fantasy Sites. My bad.........I should have noted they are "one of" the top offenses. I know they have the potential to be the hottest.

------------------
Tight Lines,
JP Z