• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Your fantasy player rankings 1-25

Scott M

I'd wait until the Monday before the opener to draft. One of the FM leagues drafted two weeks ago. I think the commissioner must be 14.

When I've ranked with Yahoo, I've done pretty good with key positions. I'd advise smaller rosters and no more than eight teams so that there's players left to pick up during the season. You can't always rely on trades and people giving full participation.

IFALLS,

It's just the football bug. I've drafted in a couple of leagues already and I can tell you that I've been making a lot of Free Agent Moves as of late.

But as far as rankings, there are the top 7 RB's then after that MOSS, Harrison, and Holt for WR. Then it's a tossup between Culpepper and some of the lesser RB's and WR's.

------------------
Tight Lines,
JP Z

I'll do a top ten:

1.Green
2.Holms
3.Alexander
4.Tomlinson
5.Portis
6.Dante
7.Manning
8.McCallister
9.Moss
10.Harrison

I dont think Tomlinson will have a carrer year, I think Green will be leading RB, although Holms is a fast SOB.

NO matter what, I dont think I can get a better team than I had last year:
Manning
McNair
Barber
J. Lewis
Harrison
McCardell
Elam
G.B. Def

Traded McNair for Marhall Faulk week 11, dropped a bench WR and picked up Warren Sapp. Won the leauge with warren sapp on my team. He did catch a TD pass when I had him but I didnt start him.

[This message has been edited by Farley (edited 08-11-2004).]

I hope your list turns out Farley since I've got Green and Alexander on my team, along with Moss. We can only keep three and those guys should do well for me. I'd rank them more like this.
LT, Holmes, Portis, Green, McCallister, Alexander, and Jamal Lewis. Those should be the first seven picks. At that point it might be a toss-up between Moss, Culpepper, Vick or one of the next tier backs (Fred Taylor, Faulk, Edge, Dillon). I'd probably take Moss and then snake back and grab one of those RB's preferrably Edge and then follow in round 3 with an RB for sure of the Curtis Martin, Eddie George, Travis Minor type ilk, maybe.

Depends on our league setup/scoring style. If you have a keeper league, Tomlinson has to be #1. He will be a very, very good player for many years. If you do not keep players from year to year, then Holmes, Green (Ahman), Alexander, and maybe Jamal Lewis (if legal issues don't scare you) move ahead of LT. It also depends on if you score yardage, or if you are TD only.

If you score passing TD as four points, then you can wait a while for a QB. How many people are in your league? If it is a ten-person league, look at the QB around 9, 10, 11 on your depth chart. McNair? Brooks? Maybe Trent Green? You can go with those guys. You just need to take your starter at QB before other guys take their backups.

Running back is where it's at in fantasy football. I'm projecting the first round to be eight RB, one QB, one WR (ten-team league, starting from scratch).

[This message has been edited by Jarrod32 (edited 08-14-2004).]