• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gopher Women's Hockey Dynasty

wormdunker

Today the Gopher Women's team plays in their 4th straight National Championship game vs Harvard. The women are shooting to win their 3rd out of the last 4 Championships. The current senior group has played in and won more games than any player in Women's hockey history. As sophomores they went undefeated and extended that streak out to 62 straight games, an NCAA record.

The goal is to play in 41 games per year. The 41st, is the championship. They have played in 164.

Amazing accomplishment and one that I have followed every minute of.

College Women's hockey is obviously different then Men's but when you watch the game for what it is, it is fast, exciting and entertaining.

Today the game is at 3pm, will not be on national tv but is streamed live on NCAA.com.

This group and coaching staff have accomplished something no other U of Mn team has ever come close too. Check it out today, should be a great game.

That is one heckuva dynasty! Way to go girls. I don't care if its men's, boys, peewees whatever, to win at the level they have for 4 years is really unprecedented.

I wish I could have seen them live. I wanted to stream the game, but ended up getting caught up in something else.

I hear they started a new trend after the win by cutting the net! That is awesome!!!

Congrats to the girls! Heck of a run they have been on. Kind of crazy looking at the history of women's NCAA, other than Clarkson beating the Gophers last year UMD 5, Wisconsin 4 and UofM 5 are the only teams to win a national championship, talk about domination in the west!

Congrats to the women. That's quite a dynasty!

Pretty sad that with all the cable channels out there, not one is willing to pick up the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP game. I guess watching the 31st ranked men's bball team against the 30th ranked one is a better option, somehow.... or worse yet, world poker tour season 13. Honestly, ONE game? How hard does the NCAA even try to get this thing televised? Seems like someone would be willing to do it for very little money and just a nominal charge to the marketers would pay for it. I'll admit I don't know the first thing about putting something out there on cable TV, but if the "mypillow" guy can get 2 hours a day 5 days a week on cable TV, it can't be THAT expensive.

Unfortunately, the NCAA has sold the broadcast rights to all NCAA championship series to ESPN. Hence the uninterrupted broadcast of regular season lacrosse preempting the start of numerous men's hockey games during the run to the frozen four over the last decade. One more reason to love the NCAA.

I listened to the game on the radio. It was a great win and really shows how far ahead we are in womens' hockey. Some guys are too stubborn to realize it, but with bad pro football, basketball, baseball, and mediocre hockey teams....we've got two gems in the Gopher womens' hockey team and the Minnesota Linx.

Congrats to Coach Frost and the entire team on being the best in the national again.