• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rainshadow RX9 Blanks vs St Croix

I'm sure it's hard to compare but the new RX9 blanks seem like a good deal for about $120. I'm making 3 vertical jigging rods with the lightest weight components for LOTW. Are these comparable to SCv or SCvi blanks? Also any suggestions for a sweet vertical jigging rod to handle 3-10 lb walleyes?

They're only comparable in the fact that they both reside at the top of their respective manufacturers lines of rod blanks. They're both created using proprietary materials so you'd almost have to build and fish one of each to really answer your question.

There's only one objective way to compare rods from different manufacturers and that's to use the CCS (Common Cents System). www.common-cents.info/ That'll at least let you compare if a blank has more power than another or has a faster action.

I've built a number of walleye rods for jigging on the Rainshadow RX8 6'8" spinning blank. That blank is flat out awesome! The RX8 blanks are now called the Immortal blanks so the model you'd want to check out is the IMMWS68MXF.

Give Bill a call at Midwest Rod and Reel in Lakeville and he'll set you up.

I picked up 3 of the RX8 Walleye blanks, wow are they nice. I've got a couple Legend Tournament rods for vertical jigging and these Rainshadows are easily better. I fished the other weekend with the new Legend Extreme with micro guides and the Rainshadow was just as sensitive and lightweight. Great bang for the buck, will be buying many more.