• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NW Mille lacs?

ds5688

I'm thinking about checking out the northwest side of Mille Lacs. I'm not too familiar with lake, so I'm looking for some info. What are the recommend accesses on the northwest side, preferably with plowed roads. Any info on the Pike bite lately and area?

I'm assuming bait shops around there are still selling sucker minnows.

My mar, Terry's, I think it is Sportsman that is just north of the holiday gas station on the left side of 169.

Garrison Bay or a long the first break. Lots of people are fishing the south end bays for pike. Seeing you are looking at the north west side I would head to the mud and find the perch. I am sure most of the bait shops will try to carry suckers as long as they can.

Head to the mud and find the perch? Hundreds or thousands of anglers have tried that already this year. I haven't heard many that found the perch. Maybe I'm in the minority, but on the south side this year there weren't enough perch to count on two hands.

Head to the mud and find the perch? Hundreds or thousands of anglers have tried that already this year. I haven't heard many that found the perch. Maybe I'm in the minority, but on the south side this year there weren't enough perch to count on two hands.

The reports I have been getting is the north end of the lake flats have been providing some perch for those willing to look for them. If you just sit in one spot you are more than likely not going to do very well. The south side of the lake is bays and gravel not much for mud fkats. The bug hatches are starting to happen on the mud fkatsand that is where the perch are feeding.