• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wheelhouse floor insulating

Iceman1026

I don't know, I paid $500 to spray the bottom of the floor on my 8 x 20 Salem. They jacked it up on stands, cleaned the bottom including grease from the pivots, spray foamed it and did a great job in cleaning up the holes. Typical prices range from $1.50 - $2.00/square foot so for 160 Sq Ft with maybe 3 - 4 hours of work, $500 seemed reasonable. I also used a guy that had done many wheel houses of my type and seemed to understand what was important rather than simply using the lowest bidder.

A lot of places also have a minimum charge. See if you can take it to a job that they are set up at and do it then. Some will do it depending on the location of the job. It takes time to set up and clean up.

David did you notice much difference before getting it sprayed and after

Yes, I think the floor dries faster and it does seem warmer but to be honest it's all somewhat relative. I bought it Last January and with all the snow I had limited time to use it before I had it spray foamed in August. I am a little more confident to set the house directly on the ice but again there was little or no snow to bank, yet I had zero problems. I am sure that it's better sprayed than not but have little before vs after to compare to.

I have 3/4" treated with 1/2" pink rigid foam then 1/4" Lauan plywood on top. Have had my wheelhouse for 11 years and am very happy with my floor.

This is exactly what I did but I used 3/4" foam. I used only a small number of screws to hold the 1/4" plywood down so I could replace it easily if it starts to deteriorate. Wherever there was a butt joint between the plywood edges I used a strip of 1" X 2" between the foam boards underneath. This really helps hold the joints together. I also have Catch Covers and they trim off the holes so no foam is exposed.